S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Confirmation before purchase Recaro PP seats.

Old 03-27-2016, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Confirmation before purchase Recaro PP seats.

There is so much info coming up from search functions and so much crap to read through I am hoping to have someone with direct knowledge from experience chime in. My concern is only because of the "New Generation" of Pole Position seats and how it may or may not affect the information already available via search.

My 2000 AP1 is in need of a new drivers seat. I am 5' 10" 225 (currently slimming down) with a current 38" and dropping waist. So my question is in regard to fitment of both myself and the height drop of the Recar PP with the buddy club low rails (also considering the Ballade rails) OEM height is not bad for me, but a 1-2"drop would be perfect. Car is street driven for now, but will be tracked in the future (think 3-4 years from now when I have more time)

Also, what is the general consensus on replacing just one seat? Have any of you done it then could not stand it or does it not bother too many? I currently have the Clazzio covers and the passenger seat still looks brand new and un touched, original seat colors where red and I think the new Recaro will fit in nicely from a look stand point. Not sure how I will feel with replacing just one though. I guess I could always buy another down the road, assuming they keep making them for a couple more years.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:54 PM

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Look at my review of the Corbeau FX1 pro.

There is a ton of info and then it seems there is zero info on aftermarket seats. You sort of have to blaze your own trail. Hopefully my review helps you. FYI, I have a friend that has a Recaro PPs and is happy with it, however he also likes my seat too.

Good luck with your search.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:15 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE
I am 5' 10" 225 (currently slimming down) with a current 38" and dropping waist.
You are too big for a regular Pole Position. Look for Recaro SPG XL.

Replacing just one seat is just a personal preference. If you are OCD, you obviously want to pick up 2. At the very least get the same color to match the oem passenger seat.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:35 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by S~Factor
Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE' timestamp='1459097924' post='23920494
I am 5' 10" 225 (currently slimming down) with a current 38" and dropping waist.

Replacing just one seat is just a personal preference. If you are OCD, you obviously want to pick up 2. At the very least get the same color to match the oem passenger seat.
+1. I'm a short dude at 5'-9" and a 32-33" waist (been slimming down) and I feel really snug in it. Couldn't imagine having a larger waist and fitting comfortably. At least with the SPG, you will have a larger choice for rails. Rails for the Pole Positions are really limited it seems.
Old 03-28-2016, 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by S~Factor
Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE' timestamp='1459097924' post='23920494

People have been fitting these non issue? I would like to maintain the ability to close the door without hitting the seat, as well as opening the center console.

Might just have to wait until I know I can drop a few more pounds.
Old 03-28-2016, 08:41 AM

OP have you sat in a Pole Position before?
Old 03-28-2016, 08:49 AM

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

Pole Position is the widest seat I know of that will fit without issues. I think you would be fine but it's always best to try out before buying. It is a very popular seat, should be able to find one to test fit.

I don't like the aesthetic of only one seat but it is worth it because of the huge improvement in ergonomics and overall driving experience.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:16 AM

No I have not. I have an athletic build tho, not a complete fatty

I've read post from people same size or bigger with no issues. Also seen people say if smaller than 34" waist they will want a tighter seat then the PP. I will try to find one local to check out. But I think it's a safe purchase for one. If it's a little tight, no problem and more motivation to keep trimming down.
Old 03-28-2016, 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by 357MAGNOLE
No I have not. I have an athletic build tho, not a complete fatty

I've read post from people same size or bigger with no issues. Also seen people say if smaller than 34" waist they will want a tighter seat then the PP. I will try to find one local to check out. But I think it's a safe purchase for one. If it's a little tight, no problem and more motivation to keep trimming down.
Definitely try one out. What's your location?
Old 03-28-2016, 11:02 AM

Virginia.

Quick Reply: Confirmation before purchase Recaro PP seats.