S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

CraftSquare, Mracing Type I, Vision DC's (Phase)

Old 07-06-2010, 05:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CraftSquare, Mracing Type I, Vision DC's (Phase)

M Racing Type I Mirrors (Very Bottom)

Vision DC (Discontinued) / Phase Mirrors (Middle)

Craft Square S2000 Mirrors

All 3

Went on a buying frenzy on Mirrors, and ended up scooping 2 other sets of mirrors ontop of my Craft Square, just wanted to take some pics for everyone to see comparisons if they are thinking about putting on another set of mirrors over their OEM.

I'm still biased I will admit that I love Craftqaure as they mount where the OEM mirrors mount and there is no extra drilling / filling required Where as the other two sets of mirrors require both Drilling and Filling.

The MRacing mirrors are very nicely constructed, they have a nice blue tint on them. They mount on the side base plate on the door by the window. They swivel and seem very stiff so that when under track conditions , daily driving your mirror adjustments won't seem to bounce out of position.

Vision DC's are the same idea, mount on the side base plate by the door, I find this tear drop style mirror makes it very hard to mount and make it look as if they are in the same position as the other. (aligned) *minds kinda lost for words in my vocab right now but i'm sure i'll figure it out later and make an edit*.

Will Add more info or answer any questions if anybody is interested.
Theres lots of info but just wanted to take a few pictures of the mirrors side by side so people can see the size differences etc.

Enjoy
Old 07-06-2010, 05:19 PM

Received 464 Likes on 396 Posts

http://www.bulletproofautomotive.com/catal...ail.php?ID=7138
Old 07-06-2010, 08:12 PM

how is the craft square visibility compared to the oem ones?
Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ Imo the visibility is good from the Craft Sqaure . You see a bit less then OEM . But the mirror from CS is clearer . Don't know how to explain it exactly but in the CS you see more detail .

OP are your Craft Sqaure mirrors turned around on there mounting points ?? Yours has the points of the carbon facing away from the car . Normally the pointy part faces the car .
Old 07-07-2010, 02:01 AM

^thanks for the info. HRS2000, where did you get your CS mirrors and how long did they take to arrive?
Old 07-07-2010, 06:57 AM

are these easy to steal? I park my car in my driveway but it would suck if someone can just unscrew my 400 dollar mirrors
Old 07-08-2010, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by HRS2000,Jul 7 2010, 12:53 AM
^^ Imo the visibility is good from the Craft Sqaure . You see a bit less then OEM . But the mirror from CS is clearer . Don't know how to explain it exactly but in the CS you see more detail .

OP are your Craft Sqaure mirrors turned around on there mounting points ?? Yours has the points of the carbon facing away from the car . Normally the pointy part faces the car .
Ya mine are twisted around cause i had them placed in a box hahaha
Thanks for pointing that out

You have it mounted correctly.

No, they aren't easy to steal, although easy to tamper with.

Its like OEM mirrors, need to take inside door panel off and unmount from the inside not the outside.
Old 08-01-2010, 05:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by suzawadc2,Jul 7 2010, 02:01 AM
^thanks for the info. HRS2000, where did you get your CS mirrors and how long did they take to arrive?
Sorry for the late reply . I bought mine at www.risingsunperformance.nl in the Netherlands where I live . It took 1 our 2 months I think before I had them . The mirrors had to be ordered from Japan .
Old 08-05-2010, 04:18 AM

Do you have any pics of the cs actual mirror i looked at a few apr sets in person they seemed kinda cheap hollow really thin cf and the mirror was glued on. Is that how the cs ones are as well?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Booztin,Aug 5 2010, 04:18 AM
Do you have any pics of the cs actual mirror i looked at a few apr sets in person they seemed kinda cheap hollow really thin cf and the mirror was glued on. Is that how the cs ones are as well?
hey to keep this thread up to date.
i'll try to take some pics, the craft square ones are very nicely constructed and definately worth the money.

The APR are smaller as well so maybe the price difference reflects that