S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Depo tail lights Hyper flash

Old 08-12-2018, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo tail lights Hyper flash

Hey guys just bought a set of depo tail lights and the blinkers are hyper flashing. At first it was only the passenger side, but after unplugging and plugging eveything back they now both are hyper flashing. However, when the emergency lights are on they blink at normal speeds. Anyone know why this is and how to fix it? Any help is appreciated. The car is AP1 if that matters.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:21 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

If they're LED you most likely need a resistor or different relay.
The following users liked this post:
jimboslice (04-14-2020)
Old 08-13-2018, 07:43 AM

Originally Posted by S2kys
If they're LED you most likely need a resistor or different relay.
yes they are LED but i thought depo was plug and play. Might look into a resistor.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:56 PM

Bump. Tried to switch the postive and negative on the blinker connection but still hyper blinks. Also bought a resistor from autozone which did not work either. Anyone know whats wrong? Plugged in my OEM AP1 tail lights back in and it blinks fine, only hyper blinks when the DEPO tails are plugged in.
Old 08-13-2018, 09:02 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

You'll need a set of hyperblink fixers. I've fixed the Depo tails before.
Regular ones: Turn Signal LED HyperBlink Fixers - $4.00 : JS2K.com!
Premium No-Splice Harnesses: Premium Plug and Play Turn Signal LED HyperBlink Harness - $14.99 : JS2K.com!

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 08-14-2018, 03:07 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

hmmm, that's interesting, do you have a video of this? I don't think i have this problem, but would be interested if what I have is not built in. I also have depo tailights on an AP1. On my second pair because my first pair condensed under the lens. I did notice there was an addition of a relay in my second pair. I can't find pics of old tail lights vs new tail lights though
Old 08-14-2018, 09:13 PM

Originally Posted by JS2k.com
You'll need a set of hyperblink fixers. I've fixed the Depo tails before.
Regular ones: Turn Signal LED HyperBlink Fixers - $4.00 : JS2K.com!
Premium No-Splice Harnesses: Premium Plug and Play Turn Signal LED HyperBlink Harness - $14.99 : JS2K.com!
Hmm these look very similar to the ones I found elsewear and they did not fix the problem. Is this a guarantee fix for hyper blinking on depo tail lights?
Old 08-14-2018, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by phiaceko
hmmm, that's interesting, do you have a video of this? I don't think i have this problem, but would be interested if what I have is not built in. I also have depo tailights on an AP1. On my second pair because my first pair condensed under the lens. I did notice there was an addition of a relay in my second pair. I can't find pics of old tail lights vs new tail lights though
I purchased the tail lights used from someone, and they came with nothing but the tail lights itself, but I assumed thats all I needed besides the mounting bracket for ap1 because I use my oem harness. Will try to post a vid.
Old 08-14-2018, 09:32 PM
Sponsor

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by maxl
Hmm these look very similar to the ones I found elsewear and they did not fix the problem. Is this a guarantee fix for hyper blinking on depo tail lights?
If you purchased something similar elsewhere, I'd suggest checking your wiring. These have fixed hyperblinking issues on Depo headlights previously.

AP1 and AP2 Clear Headlight Diffusers!!! - Clear out your S2000 headlights!
LED Conversions for all S2000 lights
Keyhole Covers - Get the Shaved look
Oil Drain Valve - Easiest Oil Change ever!
_________
For LEDs for your other cars, head to our new website: SupernovaLEDs.com. Same great quality, easy-to-use website. Pick your car, we'll show you what fits.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by JS2k.com
If you purchased something similar elsewhere, I'd suggest checking your wiring. These have fixed hyperblinking issues on Depo headlights previously.
Sorry if im just not understanding, but the plug and play harness does not appear to fit into the depo turn signal plug by looking at the picture on the website? I am currently using my OEM harness which is plugged into the depo tails (all of them fit but it hyperblinks)

Quick Reply: Depo tail lights Hyper flash