S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Depo Taillight Condensation

Old 08-17-2017, 07:23 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Unhappy Depo Taillight Condensation

Hi All,

I installed my Depo Taillights (AP1) and am running into a condensation issues on both taillights less than a month after installation. On the driver side, the chrome seems to be duller, but not sure whether this is related. I was wondering if anyone else with Depo Taillights was running into this issue and what they have done to get this resolved?

I've added some photos, please excuse the need for cleaning!

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Depo Taillight Condensation-dsc_3502.jpg   Depo Taillight Condensation-dsc_3503.jpg  
Old 08-17-2017, 09:23 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Mine don't seem to have this at all. I don't drive the car much and it is in the garage anytime its not being driven. Are the gaskets on and seated right?
Old 08-18-2017, 09:30 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

that's a common issue with Depo headlights or taillights. They use minimal glue and not as good as OEM (at least in my past experience on other cars). It's what you get for buying china/taiwan made stuff. dry out the condensation with desiccant or a blow dryer and seal the taillight better with your choice of sealant. Caulking or whatever u want.
Old 08-18-2017, 04:25 PM

Received 125 Likes on 108 Posts

I was told by LMTLS Auto. a few months ago that a few of the first batch had this problem and they were replaced under the one year warranty. I suggest you contact your dealer or LMTLS Auto.

LMTLS Auto. About Us! They currently have these in-stock I think.

Last edited by jackmugen02; 08-25-2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old 08-21-2017, 11:57 AM

Received 147 Likes on 96 Posts

The link below explains in detail how to reseal your lights to prevent condensation from occurring; as well as lights that have already been affected by condensation.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:40 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

so it begins
Old 09-25-2017, 10:44 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

*Update 25-Sept-2017*
Hi All,

Just wanted to give a quick update. LMTLS got back to me quite quickly initially, confirming that it was an issue with the initial batches of taillights. LMTLS told me to send the lights back and they would send me a new pair ASAP.

Unfortunately, I got stuck when I asked them for a shipping label. I haven't received a response from them since.... Has anyone else received a response from them recently? I've been trying to ping them for a couple weeks now and have not received a response.

Thanks for all your responses!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just FYI, this was resolved and @phiaceko received his replacement tail lights.

If anyone experiences issues with your DEPO tail lights and ordered from LMTLS AUTO, please be sure to contact me here or via email (Luigi@lmtlsauto.com) and i will get you sorted.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2017, 05:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Depo Tail Light Install Help

Hi,

My wife bought me a set of Depo tail lights for my birthday, so I tried installing them today. I got the third tail light installed easily. Now, I'm having problems with the other two. Depo advertises these tail lights as plug and play for the AP1's. I have a 2003 GPW AP1. The connectors from the car does not connect to the Depo lights. The kit that I have comes with backing plates for both the AP1 and AP2. In the AP2 package, they included two connecting adapters, but nothing with the AP1's. Has anyone had any problems installing these lights? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 12-05-2017, 10:18 AM

Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by MacLuven
Hi,

My wife bought me a set of Depo tail lights for my birthday, so I tried installing them today. I got the third tail light installed easily. Now, I'm having problems with the other two. Depo advertises these tail lights as plug and play for the AP1's. I have a 2003 GPW AP1. The connectors from the car does not connect to the Depo lights. The kit that I have comes with backing plates for both the AP1 and AP2. In the AP2 package, they included two connecting adapters, but nothing with the AP1's. Has anyone had any problems installing these lights? Am I missing something? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
you have to use your oem plugs onto the new depo taillights.

Quick Reply: Depo Taillight Condensation