S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

EDITED: Innovative motor mount & trans mount install and review, with video

Old 02-28-2012, 07:14 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomie
Did you get any hardware that goes with the transmission mount? I don't seem to have.
The 2 longest bolts go through the transmission and the you will use the 3 oem bolts for the mount to the car.
Old 02-28-2012, 07:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by slowd16
Originally Posted by Zoomie' timestamp='1330477533' post='21460701
Did you get any hardware that goes with the transmission mount? I don't seem to have.
The 2 longest bolts go through the transmission and the you will use the 3 oem bolts for the mount to the car.
Thanks. That was my assumption, but after all the OEM bolt hupla I wanted a double check.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:08 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Zoomie
Originally Posted by slowd16' timestamp='1330488846' post='21461265
[quote name='Zoomie' timestamp='1330477533' post='21460701']
Thanks. That was my assumption, but after all the OEM bolt hupla I wanted a double check.
[/quote]
yea, its just the motor that's the issue. The 3 for the trans goes into the frame of the car so there really isn't anything to bottom out on and break.
Old 02-28-2012, 08:33 PM

Looking forward to the review and driving impressions. I am honestly a little nervous. Got these for my daily driver to replace blown OEMs. Would have gone with the 60s if they were tough enough
Old 02-29-2012, 06:18 AM

i haven't done the innovative transmission because i didn't want to remove the catalytic converter to access the bolts (yes u have to do it) and then put back the cat because here in SATX we don't do smog emissions anyways i have good news to report that i just picked up a test pipe last night from a local member, so maybe this weekend or if i get off work early enough today im going to go back to the body shop and install it.
so give me a few days and ill have the transmission mount install and pictures take and a some what write up of how it goes. still waiting on the body shop :/ not even sure when there going to have it done. suppose to be done with week, but i have my doubts
Old 02-29-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I recall, it's a bit tricky getting it in (due to bolt lengths). You might have to play around with it awhile to figure it out (been a while since I did mine, so I don't recall exactly what the issue was...if you drop the engine/trans slightly, you can gain easier access to the bolts in the trans (they're long...too long to take out while the trans is tucked up in the tunnel). Don't forget to drop the bushing bolt in before mounting the block to the trans or you'll be doing those 2 bolts over again.)
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM

So the body shop called and said my car was done and ready to leave. Long story short it's not and I'm getting the last parts of the car painted out of pocket so that the whole car get a fresh coat of paint. I have to take the rental back because according to the insurance the car is out so I might not have time today to install the trans mount. But I did start the car and sat inside, and I must say it doesn't vibrate like everyone describes! There's no squeaks either!
My shifter used to vibrate like crazy and now it's solid as a rock, and my steering wheel shakes no more then the stock mounts did (when we pulled my oem mounts off they were pretty much brand new! And not even worn, so I didn't have any bad mounts) I haven't driven the car yet but just sitting at idle was no different then my stock setup. I'n very impressed with the mounts. When I get the car out of the shop ill get a video and show my shifter and the steering wheel as they vibrat. So give me a few days for a video
Old 03-02-2012, 08:27 PM

Want to sell the OEM mounts?
Old 03-03-2012, 05:52 AM

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jtrix21
Want to sell the OEM mounts?
There's a set for sale on the member for sale forum.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:10 AM

Both my oem mounts are pulled in half and no liquid inside them. I doubt you would want them!

Quick Reply: EDITED: Innovative motor mount & trans mount install and review, with video