S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust?

Old 08-31-2014, 09:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust?

Hello,

I am searching for a good exhaust. My priorities are 1. performance 2. no drone 3. quietness.
I'm willing to give up #3 if I can achieve 1 and 2. My guess is that to achieve #1, I'm limited to a 70mm exhaust, which narrows options down quite a bit.

I've been asking around vendors. A lot recommended the Fujitsubo Legalis R, but that's a 60mm with 2-3 hp. I don't want to drop $1000 for that little gain. Then Evasive responded back with their own developed single pipe exhaust.
http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/mm...e=EVS-70SSP-S2

13.2 hp gain jumped right out and I thought WOW, that's worth a $1000 investment. But then I thought about it again... 13.2 hp from just a better exhaust system?? MAYBE I'd believe it if it was a combination of header, test pipe, and exhaust, but even then 13 hp gain seems a bit inflated. I mean.. Honda put some serious R&D into this car, and I'm pretty sure they didn't design their exhaust bad enough that a more efficient flow would give that much gain, esp when the claimed 13.2 came with the OEM cat

Does anyone have experience with this exhaust? Is Evasive's claim for gain in power really true?
No offense to Evasive. I just like to do my research before dropping a g.
Old 08-31-2014, 10:37 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

I have one and find the drone really annoying on the highway.

Other people say it doesn't drone but in reality everyone has different sensitivity to it
Old 08-31-2014, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by afzan
I have one and find the drone really annoying on the highway.

Other people say it doesn't drone but in reality everyone has different sensitivity to it
Dang. How about power gain? Do you notice a big gain in power? Anywhere near 13hp gain?
Old 08-31-2014, 11:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The reality is, any 70mm with headers and a test pipe will be loud even if resonated. I have the t1r-em 70mm single, it is almost always reputed to be the quietest 70mm single to have been made while still making big gains, the only quieter one is made by ASM but that is way more expensive and not much quieter. As far as I know the Evs 70mm single is slightly louder or has more drone than the t1r-em but not by much. If you don't want loud than you are limited to a heavier dual exhaust or smaller piping. Headers and test pipe also turn up the volume knob a bit. Unfortunately in the exhaust world and cars in general, real performance gains are difficult to get without some compromise...I understand a lot of people look for the best of both worlds and while you can often get some blend of this, at the end of the day for real gains you have to make the choice of performance or civility, if you want both, leave all the stock exhaust in place than go FI but then you will still feel like you are leaving performance on the table with stock exhaust and be right back here on the forums asking for a quiet 70mm single. If you don't care about ultimate weight savings, then you could get a performance boost from a 70mm dual that is resonated and would be much quieter than a single could ever be.
Old 08-31-2014, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
The reality is, any 70mm with headers and a test pipe will be loud even if resonated. I have the t1r-em 70mm single, it is almost always reputed to be the quietest 70mm single to have been made while still making big gains, the only quieter one is made by ASM but that is way more expensive and not much quieter. As far as I know the Evs 70mm single is slightly louder or has more drone than the t1r-em but not by much. If you don't want loud than you are limited to a heavier dual exhaust or smaller piping. Headers and test pipe also turn up the volume knob a bit. Unfortunately in the exhaust world and cars in general, real performance gains are difficult to get without some compromise...I understand a lot of people look for the best of both worlds and while you can often get some blend of this, at the end of the day for real gains you have to make the choice of performance or civility, if you want both, leave all the stock exhaust in place than go FI but then you will still feel like you are leaving performance on the table with stock exhaust and be right back here on the forums asking for a quiet 70mm single. If you don't care about ultimate weight savings, then you could get a performance boost from a 70mm dual that is resonated and would be much quieter than a single could ever be.

I agree with you 100%. I'm not so conscious about weight savings as much as actual power gains, so dual or single i dont really care. Dual looks cooler anyway haha
I do believe i can pick performance and no drone though. Loud is ok but that i dont think i will be anle to stand the wet fart.

But with your t1r, did you notice a significant gain in power? (With and without header change)
Old 08-31-2014, 02:01 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have the evs single and I can say that it has close to zero drone, but I am running a test pipe. Not sure how it sounds with the stock cat but I love mine. Very quiet under 4,000 but screams at wot, I went from a greddy se dual and all I can say is that I should have gone with this exhaust from the beginning. If you want a quieter one with significant power gains I recommend the t1r em single
Old 09-02-2014, 12:40 PM

Try to get the t1r-em dual, that should be very quiet and give you the gains you desire albeit with a little more weight. I put on headers and catback/test-pipe at the same time so I can't say the gains without, but I can say that with headers and test pipe, my t1r-em 70mm single is quite loud and since it's known to be the quietest of the 70mm singles, I can only imagine how loud it would have been if I went with something else!
Old 09-03-2014, 10:54 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Try to get the t1r-em dual, that should be very quiet and give you the gains you desire albeit with a little more weight. I put on headers and catback/test-pipe at the same time so I can't say the gains without, but I can say that with headers and test pipe, my t1r-em 70mm single is quite loud and since it's known to be the quietest of the 70mm singles, I can only imagine how loud it would have been if I went with something else!
Your car uses two?
Old 09-03-2014, 11:25 AM

haha, yeah sorry, sometimes it seems like correct english when you are typing really fast when it's really not.
Old 01-01-2015, 12:13 AM

Following up on this thread from a few months ago..
I read all the comments again, but my question still hasn't been answered.
EVS 70 single users: did you guys experience the massive hp gains (13hp claimed) after installing this?

Quick Reply: EVS Tuning 70-SSP Exhaust?