S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   exhaust (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/exhaust-1176847/)

spencer_h 08-23-2017 12:41 PM

exhaust

Hi all, I am new to the forum and i was wondering what you guys think would be a good exhaust for my ap1 s2000

thanks,

Kami Speed 08-23-2017 01:15 PM

Hey man! Welcome to the forums. Good is subjective honestly. You will have to narrow down whether you want a single or dual. What kind of tip/ muffler design you prefer along with the sound of it. A popular exhaust is the HKS Hi-Power Dual. Sounds and looks great if you want a dual exhaust and in stock. It also isnt super expensive either! But I am sure there will be plenty of people on the forum willing to share :)

HKS Dual Hi-Power Cat-Back Exhaust - Honda S2000 AP1 AP2 00-09

klapamos 08-23-2017 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Kami Speed (Post 24344123)
Hey man! Welcome to the forums. Good is subjective honestly. You will have to narrow down whether you want a single or dual. What kind of tip/ muffler design you prefer along with the sound of it. A popular exhaust is the HKS Hi-Power Dual. Sounds and looks great if you want a dual exhaust and in stock. It also isnt super expensive either! But I am sure there will be plenty of people on the forum willing to share :)

Does anyone know the weight of the HKS exhaust? How loud is it compared to stock? Looks like the exhaust cost about 650 to 750 bucks.

Car Analogy 08-23-2017 04:00 PM

Another option, uk mod. An exhaust doesn't add any real performance on our cars, just sound, and a small weight reduction.

Modding stock exhaust for sound is a good option. Spend the cash on something more worthwhile.

Manga_Spawn 08-23-2017 04:34 PM

Welcome to the forum. My suggestion would be to do a lot of research and ask a much more detailed question. Start by looking at some of the stickied threads about various exhausts.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-na...%2A%2A-634543/

Like that one. The problem is this is not a one size fits all question. Is your car a daily driver? Track car? Is there noise restrictions in your area or at the track you go to? Do you care if it causes your ears to bleed? Will your neighbors call the cops on you? Before you waste your money on what someone on here may randomly suggest do some research maybe see if there is a local meet you can attend and hear what other people have on there car and then ask a more detailed question with specifics around what you are wanting or needing in an exhaust.

spencer_h 08-23-2017 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Kami Speed (Post 24344123)

thanks man! i've narrowed down my options between the invidia n1 dual and the hks dual

Chuck S 08-24-2017 03:15 AM

The Invidia N1 is louder than their Q300 and the Q300 will cause your ears to bleed!

This daily discussed topic has thousands of opinions most of which are useless as the horrible Q300 is claimed to be only slightly louder than stock. I bought this exhaust based on those notes and it lasted less than 3 weeks on my car, It measured 105dBA on my car with an OSHA certified noise meter. If your employer subjected you to this noise you'd need ear muffs over ear plugs. But the guys with the pseudo-stanced Civics at the high school thought it was kool, :) You one of those?

Seriously: Hear any proposed exhaust on the car. Inside the car for a good period of time. Internet sound clips are useless. Even it the recording is accurate (and it ain't) your computer can't reproduce it.

-- Chuck

d1000rr 08-24-2017 05:17 AM

Do some research... the Invidia N1 is the worst exhaust ever.

Kami Speed 08-24-2017 06:20 AM

Between the N1 and HKS I would go with the HKS 100%. Sounds much better and will not drone like the N1 will.

Langelo DeMysterioso 08-27-2017 04:15 AM

Always do your research before you put stuff on your car. Go to a meet or better yet a club drive to hear exhausts and ask questions. Invidia is one of the louder exhausts. The HKS sounds great, is very popular here but was a tad loud for my taste especially at the time I was daily driving my S. When the time came I almost bought a Tanabe Medalion but after a long pursuit and wait I was able to get my beloved unicorn a Fujitsubo Legalis R in a group buy here.