S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

the fix for the Buddy Club seat rail

Old 11-04-2010, 03:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the fix for the Buddy Club seat rail

So I picked up a used seat with a buddy club rail attached and bolted it down the other night. I noticed I'm off center of the steering wheel at little bit more than an inch to the left. The adjustment for the brackets is maxed out even if I flip them around or push the seat over as far as I can ect. I only have a couple options.

Cut off the mounting tabs on the bottom of the rails and move them over an inch which probably is the best way. Fab up new brackets that will allow for more adjustment or buy a seat that's 2 inches wider.

A ghetto quick fix was to put spacers between the uprights on the left side.

I have a feeling most people haven't noticed this based on all of the seat rubbing against the door threads but if you center the seat on the hub and pedals it doesn't touch the door at all depending on which seat.

It actually looks like if you got the driver and and passenger rail set you could swap out the rails only with the floor mount tabs to each side and the offset would push the seat towards the transmission tunnel. I think this was due to the Manufacturer using the same jig and not thinking about the difference between LDH and RHD centering.

Buddy Club USA, Evasive seem to have no idea about a problem but Science of Speed did and searching the boards hasnt worked for me so far.

ok so 50 dollars and some quick welding later = fixed + you can just bolt the seat together now and in no more messing with adjusting it in the car

stock rail

modified

where the right divers side rail should be for even the narrowest seat if you plan on putting it as low as possible - otherwise it will with be off center or over the rails instead of between them.

seat fitment

now with more heel toe

Old 11-17-2010, 01:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

updated with fix