S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

front roll center adjuster for neg camber

Old 11-21-2017, 05:13 AM

Received 75 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpotenxixe
Maxed out my car was like 1.5

installed this

I can run now like 5 or 6 degre...
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near 5-6 deg nor would you want that much if you plan to drive on the street. I expect that much camber would compromise braking as well.

As I said above, I have the Megan Racing version of those and was able to gain ~1.5 deg.
Old 11-21-2017, 09:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2kpotenxixe
Maxed out my car was like 1.5

installed this

I can run now like 5 or 6 degre...
wow really, maybe i have to look into the buddy club one instead, i know the prices are pretty comparable between megans and buddy club roll centers

Originally Posted by bgoetz
You have to get the subframe figured out before you go any further. Figure that out and then see if you still have the issue. If it is the 19mm bolt that is a really long SOB, it actually has two sets of threads and gaulds/breaks frequently, be very careful! I would use a ratchet and very slowly work it out, going 1/2 turn out 1/4 turn back in DO NOT force it. This will take some time but will save you problems (ask me how I know). Once you get it out replace it, then loosen/tighten them all back to spec.

To be clear though that bolt needs removed/replaced, I would not just try to tighten it back in, IMO that will cause more issues.

As as far as your actual alignment you start loosing caster after around -2.2 on a normal S2k, so anything more and you will need aftermarket ball joints. I have the Buddy Club and like them.
yea im most likely taking the car back to the shop that did my clutch job to fix the sub frame bolt issue, but i dont think it should have impacted alignment by that much to the point where i couldnt adjust it past -1 camber.

not sure if it's the 19mm bolt but it's the one i circled in red, you can see there's a little gap where the bolt is not fully screwed in to mate the surface

Originally Posted by DanielB
I don't think you're going to get anywhere near 5-6 deg nor would you want that much if you plan to drive on the street. I expect that much camber would compromise braking as well.

As I said above, I have the Megan Racing version of those and was able to gain ~1.5 deg.
what was your max camber after the roll center install or the additional -1.5 was the limit?
Old 11-21-2017, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by 623baller
what was your max camber after the roll center install or the additional -1.5 was the limit?
The offset ball joint added a fixed 1.5 deg. There is no adjustability in it. I'm not sure why the manufacturers suggest that you could gain more than that. There just isn't enough offset.

The alternate approach is to replace the upper ball joint and some of those are adjustable.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:20 AM

Received 56 Likes on 39 Posts

Hard to tell from your picture but I do not think that is the one. I would stand over their shoulder and make sure they do it like I suggested. If that thing is stuck in that position it could break if you are not careful.
Old 11-21-2017, 11:52 AM

Received 344 Likes on 321 Posts

Looks like the BC one has the optional spacer fitted,the Megan does not.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by noodels
Looks like the BC one has the optional spacer fitted,the Megan does not.
The picture I used is from the Megan racing website. You don't need the spacer with the stock suspension. Mine came with the set which I only installed after I switched to coilovers.
Old 11-21-2017, 12:19 PM

The offset ball joint added a fixed 1.5 deg. There is no adjustability in it. I'm not sure why the manufacturers suggest that you could gain more than that. There just isn't enough offset.

The alternate approach is to replace the upper ball joint and some of those are adjustable.
interesting, im doing a little research looks like with J's you are able to get 2~5 degrees of camber adjustment depending on your ride height

see this thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra.../#post23041317

Originally Posted by bgoetz
Hard to tell from your picture but I do not think that is the one. I would stand over their shoulder and make sure they do it like I suggested. If that thing is stuck in that position it could break if you are not careful.
haha yea, the shop is off this thanksgiving week, guess it will have to wait , but will definitely get it fixed properly. i m doing some reading on this topic as well, looks like billman also recommend using some penetrating oil, and front passenger side seems to be known for this issue or similar issue

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-un...e-bolt-781777/
Old 11-21-2017, 12:49 PM

Originally Posted by 623baller
interesting, im doing a little research looks like with J's you are able to get 2~5 degrees of camber adjustment depending on your ride height
see this thread https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-ra.../#post23041317
That's probably about right. My front is at 3.2 deg with only a 15mm drop. When I first installed Ohlins it was lower and gained nearly a full degree. A more aggressive offset might gain that final degree.

That said, I've found 3 deg is probably about the upper limit for the street. With 255 in front, there is noticeably less steering feel and the car likes to track ruts. I imagine braking performance would be degraded too. I would dial it back if I didn't track it.
Old 11-21-2017, 01:19 PM

That's probably about right. My front is at 3.2 deg with only a 15mm drop. When I first installed Ohlins it was lower and gained nearly a full degree. A more aggressive offset might gain that final degree.

That said, I've found 3 deg is probably about the upper limit for the street. With 255 in front, there is noticeably less steering feel and the car likes to track ruts. I imagine braking performance would be degraded too. I would dial it back if I didn't track it.
yea, i am aiming for -3 to -3.5 for fronts. i am running 255 17s square set up as well. i did notice a heavier steering feel after changing to sqaure set up. my car is mainly a weekend car and will occasionaly see track time so i dont mind the aggressive setting.
Old 04-01-2019, 08:25 PM

Did you figure out why the passenger side only can get 1 degree? I am facing something similar now… I checked the subframe and it seems not shifted .

Quick Reply: front roll center adjuster for neg camber