S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Getting aftermarket seats in properly.

Old 07-14-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting aftermarket seats in properly.

I am/have been trying to install a pair of Sparco Evo seats. This has made me start to hate the car.

I got buddy club rails. What shit.
I got the passenger seat in, but had to keep raising the seat so that it would clear the bump in the floor. I managed to get it on middle settings to fit in the car while slightly resting on that bump. There is no way in hell this seat is going to slide anywhere. The slider thing isn't gonna move, and the seat isn't exactly low. Feels about stock height. But you know what, fk it, its the passenger seat, who cares. Also reusing the oem belt, the buckle is so jammed between the seat and the center that you have to use the goddamn force to guide the buckle it. But it goes, and comes out, and the door closes without hitting the seat but ever so slightly. Yes i trimmed the seat.

On to the driver's seat. What were the buddy club idiots thinking about putting the nuts under the side plates, so theres no way to tighten them without removing the seat from the car. And when you tighten them, it MOVES. I did manage to get this seat in, but the door did hit it every and put a decent dent in the door panel. Despite the flat floor, there's no way this bitch is sliding anywhere. I had it on the lower settings because im 6 feet and need to clear the rollbar with a helmet to get on track. But once you lower it, the rails cannot be aligned straight enough to allow any sliding action. And again the handle to activate the sliders will not attach to the rails because there's no clearance between the seat and floor to actually activate it. A week of this and I got the F1spec lower side mounts. The thieves charge me 50$ for 4 pieces of steel. But at this point I just want to get the seat in properly. These mounts are made such that if you have the seat on the lower mounting points, the sliding mechanism on the rails hits it. Its hard to explain, but there's interference from the rails themselves. Moving to the middle setting allowed me to get the seat in, and happily, it IS lower, but now its a bit too far back, and of course the sliders aren't worth shit and will never slide. Having bolted and unbolted the rails from the car so many times has now left me with a situation where the rear mounting bolt will not thread into the hole in the car. Going to go to the store and get some new bolts tomorrow hoping that a sharper thread will get down in there again.

So seriously. What the fk is with this buddy club garbage. Sliding would be nice but its not necessary. I'd be happy to just be able to get the seat in there in one position and be done with it. And its not Evo3s or Evo2s... These are the small Evos. My friend with a 35 waist cant fit in them. They're not big.

Has anyone successfully mounted a pair? That actually slide? And then, the million dollar question... HOW?
Old 07-14-2011, 03:29 PM

Also, hadn't really thought about the SRS problem until I started the car. Found a few different threads with different information about what to do. Some of it conflicts and there seems to be no solid answers. I know Im not the first person to put aftermarket seats in an 07, or any 06+. Whats the solution?
Old 07-14-2011, 04:21 PM

For the drivers side just take the sensor off the stock seat and throw it under the new seat. Passenger side I think is more involved and why I didn't switch that one out.

I have the f1spec seat and lower rails. It took a few tryies to get it right but it works. The sucky thing is that I got the seat so low to the floor that its basically resting on it. Then I got the angle just right so I can get max room for my legs. I am 6'4. The slider is pretty garbage and is forced to make the seat slide back and forth.

sent from my evo shift through tapatalk
Old 07-15-2011, 07:06 AM

I just feel like if I slide the seat forward, it will progressively hit the door more and more. It seems like the cabin tapers forward. I don't really want to cut the fiberglass but I guess that's an option.

Or does someone else make rails of a better design?
Old 11-08-2011, 04:59 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Just stumbled on this thread and thought I bump it up for more responses.
Old 11-08-2011, 08:56 PM

i have read a thread about buddy club seat rail. it's a garbage. someone tells me that bride has a seat rail to fit 06+.

Passenger's side. You need to remove the two weiight sensors and the SRS box from the stock seat and place on the new seat. Once this is done you HAVE to take the car back to Honda in order for them to get the sensors recalibrated. The process is a pain in the ass and they can only do it.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:19 AM

I mounted my sparco rev on buddyclub rails and its fine and slides the back of the seat is on the lowest position the front is one whole up. while i will admit that just bolting the rails onto the seat and trying to mount it in the car isnt that simple. the wholes in the chassi wouldn't line up with the rails.

so i loosened the left rail so it had play this way i could line up the wholes and bolt it down; then i tightened the seat back to the rail.

the seat slides but needs a lil force and the door does hit it but not too bad. this seat was in my buddies s2k b4 i bought it off of him and it did the same thing.

anyways im happy with the set up esp since in total i prolly spent like 320 on everything.
Old 11-09-2011, 08:07 AM

I got the buddy club rail to work for the driver side. It took a lot of work but it does slide. The trick is to measure the holes on the car with a measuring tape. The front holes and the rear holes are the exact same distance apart. Knowing this, you can setup your buddy club rail width outside of the car and tighten them down.

Make sure the distance between the two front holes are the same distance as the distance between the rear holes. This will ensure that the rails are parallel and will slide. Also make sure that the holes are the same distance as the holes in the floor pan of the car. That way when you place the seat in, the holes are already lined up.

Don't try to tighten the seat after you've put it in the car. If you do this, it won't slide. Tighten every nut and allen bolt that attaches the rails to the seat BEFORE putting the seat into the car. The only thing you should be doing when you put the seat in is tighten the four bolts that attach the rails to the car.

As for the seat belt, you need to buy a seat belt extender and attach the seat belt receptacle backwards so it doesn't protrude too much from the seat.

I have no experience with the passenger side.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:15 PM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

I got Buddy Club rails to work with my F1spec seat. It took some messing around to get the mounting holes to line up with the floor properly, and it was more work than it should have been, but when I was done I had the back of the seat touching the carpet and the slider works fine. Definitely not OEM quality but it worked.

I should say that I know there are people who rag on the Buddy Club rail's quality, but I crashed my car in mine and it wasn't damaged in the slightest. Your mileage may vary.
Old 11-09-2011, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want to post because I'm looking to go aftermarket buckets this winter, and I want a solid, easy way of mounting them.

A friend with an E36 M3 has fixed-position seat mounts, and they are great. I don't need sliders, I want a solid, reliable, and lightweight mounting system.

Here is what he has.

http://store.vacmotorsports.com/vac-...-m3-p1605.aspx

Do you think we could stir up enough interest for some company to make something like this for an S2k?

-Connor

Quick Reply: Getting aftermarket seats in properly.