S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Greddy SE - Uneven/Help Adjusting

Old 01-11-2011, 07:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Greddy SE - Uneven/Help Adjusting

Before I go out and buy new rubber hangers, I wanted to see if I could get some information.

I recently purchased a Greddy SE dual. I took it to an exhaust shop that installed it for me.

I remember seeing threads about not tightening bolts until the exhaust is positioned correctly. I told them this, and they did not tighten any bolts, and once positioned evenly, tightened the bolts. Initially, it was really bad, so they used some tool to hold the passenger side exhaust in the correct position. They re-tightened, but the right side still sits slightly lower than the left side.

My question: which bolts do I need to loosen/tighten to get this exhaust to sit evenly?

The exhaust shop said they couldn't do anything about it and that it's natural for the rubber hangers to wear over time and be uneven. My only problem with this explanation is that my OEM exhaust sat perfectly even.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:57 AM

Received 189 Likes on 116 Posts

AP2 hangers should help because there are 3 holes, so you can make adjustments with them. I believe (it was a long time ago) that I very slightly bent the hanger on the muffler to level it out. I was able to do this by hand, and did not take much at all. I believe others have done the same thing.
Old 01-11-2011, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the same thing happened with my HKS exhaust and the bolts I loosened to make it fit properly where the ones that connect the muffler cans to the rest of the exhaust. Different exhaust, I know. But i couldn't believe the difference it made. Hope that helps?
Old 01-11-2011, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by llxzxll,Jan 11 2011, 08:51 AM
The exhaust shop said they couldn't do anything about it and that it's natural for the rubber hangers to wear over time and be uneven.
I don't trust about what they saying about your exhaust hanger. But ofcourse nothing can beat OEM fitment.

Anyway, can you post up pictures?
Old 01-11-2011, 04:18 PM

i've had no issues with installing the exhaust. At first it was uneven, but i adjusted and retightened. Fits fine, but if it helps, im running an Ap2 with Ap1 hangars on the exhaust
Old 01-11-2011, 04:24 PM

I've heard of ap2 owners using ap1 hangers, which is why I didn't think it was an issue for me (ap1).
Old 01-11-2011, 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by chef-j,Jan 11 2011, 04:58 PM
I don't trust about what they saying about your exhaust hanger. But ofcourse nothing can beat OEM fitment.

Anyway, can you post up pictures?
I'll take pictures with my phone soon and post.
Old 01-11-2011, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by RedPanda07,Jan 11 2011, 09:07 AM
the same thing happened with my HKS exhaust and the bolts I loosened to make it fit properly where the ones that connect the muffler cans to the rest of the exhaust. Different exhaust, I know. But i couldn't believe the difference it made. Hope that helps?
did the same thing with my HKS...it makes a world of difference. You need a buddy to hold them straight while you fool with the bolts and it might take a few times but give it a try
Old 01-11-2011, 10:54 PM

loosen the three bolts on the pipe closest to the cat and the hanger bolt.
Old 01-12-2011, 06:13 AM

the three bolts where the exhaust splits right?

not the three that actually bolt the piping to the cat?

Quick Reply: Greddy SE - Uneven/Help Adjusting