S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Grip Royal Steering wheel SRS question

Old 01-04-2015, 12:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've used Grip Royals on my CRX and del Sol as well; never had any issues. This one in the pic needs a respray of course, but is 4 years old. I've never met anyone that has had what you said occur to them.

Originally Posted by KendallH
I would advise to not use that wheel.... I've seen Grip Royal wheels break on several occasions. They are made very very cheaply and are very poor quality.
Old 01-04-2015, 12:38 PM

You're one of those kids huh? Well for starters it's my car and I can do what I want to it. Second, I live in Tucson; Google which town, let alone state, has the highest count of grand theft auto. I've had two cars and two motorcycles stolen from me in the ten years I've lived here. Only one motorcycle was recovered. They all had alarms I paid more than $500 for. Never had a vehicle stolen that had a QR and lock on it. Lastly, people have driven cars way before the airbag was invented. So now that I'm done answering your condescending question that had nothing to do with the thread, I'll go back to modding my car. Thank you.

Originally Posted by VilleS2K
If your S2000 is primarily driven on the street (I'm assuming it is?), why in the world would you replace the stock steering wheel and airbag for a steering wheel without an airbag?
Old 01-04-2015, 01:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mcbride731
You're one of those kids huh? Well for starters it's my car and I can do what I want to it. Second, I live in Tucson; Google which town, let alone state, has the highest count of grand theft auto. I've had two cars and two motorcycles stolen from me in the ten years I've lived here. Only one motorcycle was recovered. They all had alarms I paid more than $500 for. Never had a vehicle stolen that had a QR and lock on it. Lastly, people have driven cars way before the airbag was invented. So now that I'm done answering your condescending question that had nothing to do with the thread, I'll go back to modding my car. Thank you.

Originally Posted by VilleS2K' timestamp='1420405077' post='23455918
If your S2000 is primarily driven on the street (I'm assuming it is?), why in the world would you replace the stock steering wheel and airbag for a steering wheel without an airbag?
Pretty sure this "kid" with enough logic to run a driver's side airbag on the street is not a "kid". He/she is definitely not in the wrong for recommending function over form (especially when considering one's life). I've also had vehicles stolen from me in the past, but I would/will endure a stolen vehicle over an unsafe car any day. Vehicles can be replaced; lives can not. I guess my way of thinking is childish?
Old 01-04-2015, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by mcbride731
I've used Grip Royals on my CRX and del Sol as well; never had any issues. This one in the pic needs a respray of course, but is 4 years old. I've never met anyone that has had what you said occur to them.

Originally Posted by KendallH' timestamp='1420394639' post='23455799
I would advise to not use that wheel.... I've seen Grip Royal wheels break on several occasions. They are made very very cheaply and are very poor quality.

This is my friends GR wheel after tapping a wall in his drift car at maybe 10-15 mph.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:16 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by bkowa092

Pretty sure this "kid" with enough logic to run a driver's side airbag on the street is not a "kid". He/she is definitely not in the wrong for recommending function over form (especially when considering one's life). I've also had vehicles stolen from me in the past, but I would/will endure a stolen vehicle over an unsafe car any day. Vehicles can be replaced; lives can not. I guess my way of thinking is childish?
Well, you have a fair point about grand theft auto in Tucson. Do you have a garage? Regardless, I agree with what bkowa092 wrote above - the two of us kids will stick together on this one.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by mcbride731' timestamp='1420407519' post='23455944

[quote name='VilleS2K' timestamp='1420405077' post='23455918']
[/quote]

Is that what you're calling his question that was sarcastically worded? A recommendation? That same comment can be found on every forum with threads dealing with aftermarket steering wheels. I wear my seatbelt; the same as racecar drivers without this airbag you claim is required for me to use my car on the weekends going 45mph. No one said anything about the thought of having an airbag as being childish, but why comment on something that is an opinion knowing you weren't intending on getting a response with actual information? Trolling on a thread when someone is intending to get information is childish. If you want to discuss the stupidity of people taking out airbags, go start another topic for it if it'll help you sleep better at night. My motorcycle doesn't have an airbag either, so I guess I should stop riding it right? You and the other kid's main argument is that the car used to have one so why take it out; as I said, I've owned muscle cars that didn't have them. To each his own. I'm aware of the consequences and am not putting anyone else's life in danger. I took the time to bypass the SRS light for the sake of passengers in my car. Last I checked, the people in this thread weren't advertising to be ridiculed by little kids pretending to be their parents. Do what you want to your car. You don't have to live with it.
Old 01-04-2015, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by mcbride731' timestamp='1420407519' post='23455944

[quote name='VilleS2K' timestamp='1420405077' post='23455918']
[/quote]

And for the record, having an airbag doesn't rule out the possibility of being a kid. I know too many immature drivers in brand new cars with airbags on all corners. I'm not saying it can't happen since other people can make mistakes and hit me, but "kids" with no experience street racing and doing stupid crap is a bit common. No idea why you would even use that as an argument.