S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Hardtops - OEM

Old 09-18-2017, 09:15 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

They are discontinued. The OEM hardware is easily $1k new so that is a consideration. I would say one with no hardware should be under $3k and depends on color. $2500-2800 for no hardware is fairly common. With hardware assuming no damage (I would ask about if it was repainted from the OEM color since for a lot of colors that could make it not match your OEM paint) $3k seems to be the bottom end price. Black and sliver are the most common colors. I would be patient and try to find one close enough that you can pick it up so you can see it and see if it matches your car.
Old 09-18-2017, 02:28 PM

Received 208 Likes on 170 Posts

Agreed if you can bust the 3g mark you've got a great deal
Old 09-19-2017, 04:09 PM

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
discontinued
Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
They are discontinued. The OEM hardware is easily $1k new so that is a consideration. I would say one with no hardware should be under $3k and depends on color. $2500-2800 for no hardware is fairly common. With hardware assuming no damage (I would ask about if it was repainted from the OEM color since for a lot of colors that could make it not match your OEM paint) $3k seems to be the bottom end price. Black and sliver are the most common colors. I would be patient and try to find one close enough that you can pick it up so you can see it and see if it matches your car.
Thanks guys. Is the OEM hardware discontinued too?
Old 09-19-2017, 04:17 PM
Site Moderator

I don't believe so. Pretty sure the hardware is still available new.
Old 09-19-2017, 05:19 PM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

IIRC, Last year, one could still buy a new one from Honda. Are they really no longer available? Since when? Last I checked, a new one (bare, unpainted) was $3200 + shipping. So...all pieced together, probably $5-6K, including shipping and paint.

Several years ago, you could get one in any colour for $2800 (shipped) as a "kit" from Honda, with hardware, 100% complete. I should have bought hundreds.

Used ones kinda vary in price. Mine was $2000 with hardware. It was the wrong colour. But...lots of things in the world are the wrong colour. I had it painted and am now living my life as if it was the right colour in the first place.

Realistic prices today range from $3-4K. A mint looking black one is FS in the Chicago area for $3600 right now.
Old 09-20-2017, 03:23 AM

Received 256 Likes on 219 Posts

Thanks for all these replies. The reason I ask is because I am considering selling my Sebring Silver OEM Hardtop. I just needed to get a fix on the market. Mine is almost, but not quite, perfect. I'm hemming on hawing re whether to sell it. I have not used it hardly at all - hence its good condition. I could use the $ for other things. Its just taking up space hanging in my garage on a hoist.
Old 09-20-2017, 08:43 AM
Site Moderator

Originally Posted by B serious
IIRC, Last year, one could still buy a new one from Honda. Are they really no longer available? Since when? Last I checked, a new one (bare, unpainted) was $3200 + shipping. So...all pieced together, probably $5-6K, including shipping and paint.

Several years ago, you could get one in any colour for $2800 (shipped) as a "kit" from Honda, with hardware, 100% complete. I should have bought hundreds.

Used ones kinda vary in price. Mine was $2000 with hardware. It was the wrong colour. But...lots of things in the world are the wrong colour. I had it painted and am now living my life as if it was the right colour in the first place.

Realistic prices today range from $3-4K. A mint looking black one is FS in the Chicago area for $3600 right now.
Ok piecing one together from the CR parts is still available since it was an OEM body panel on the CR not an optional add on. That being said it really doesn't make sense to piece together one for $6000 or more when you factor in shipping paint and assembly (the window alone is something like $750). That doesn't make sense when a used top costs half as much.
Old 09-20-2017, 09:36 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Ok piecing one together from the CR parts is still available since it was an OEM body panel on the CR not an optional add on. That being said it really doesn't make sense to piece together one for $6000 or more when you factor in shipping paint and assembly (the window alone is something like $750). That doesn't make sense when a used top costs half as much.
I was just pointing it out as an option. Its expensive...but not discontinued.

So the people that have hard tops aren't (yet) holding on to some piece of unobtainable history.

Buying a convertible and then a hardtop doesn't make 100% good sense in and of itself. Other model coupes and folding hard top convertibles do exist.

True that used market tops are out there. But at $3K+....I can't tangibly justify buying one. Especially for a car that has never seen any kind of winter driving. But I did buy one. And I would never sell mine, and its a prized posession lol.

In that same vein, there is bound to be someone who wants a brand new one and isn't too bothered by paying 2X the price.
Old 09-20-2017, 12:33 PM

Received 322 Likes on 273 Posts

Originally Posted by B serious
Buying a convertible and then a hardtop doesn't make 100% good sense in and of itself. Other model coupes and folding hard top convertibles do exist.

True that used market tops are out there. But at $3K+....I can't tangibly justify buying one. Especially for a car that has never seen any kind of winter driving. But I did buy one. And I would never sell mine, and its a prized posession lol.

X2
Levi
Old 09-21-2017, 02:23 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would say about 3,200- 3,500

Quick Reply: Hardtops - OEM