S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Help me Find PropShaft CV joints, (Dimensions known)

Old 12-30-2018, 03:10 PM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Post Help me Find PropShaft CV joints, (Dimensions known)

Hi,
I have disassemble my spare S2000 Prop Shaft CV joint and measured the main dimensions needed to order new CV joints.
Now the problem is that I can not find a similar CV joint with the dimensions that I have... Therefore I would like to ask you guys if anyone of you knows a bearing company that does ( (Rzeppa CV joints) something like GKN etc. ) and has CV joints of this size.
I have checked GKN website but could not find any matching Joint.

Ok, so here are the dimensions I have:
Outer Diameter = 94mm
Width = 32mm
PCD distance = 80mm
6x Diameter 8 holes
and 23 splines (teeth)

Any help is appreciated !
Thank you,
Regards.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:50 AM

Received 1,311 Likes on 991 Posts

I am on a similar mission. I have found a facility that rebuilds cv joints that is willing to start a rebuild program for us where they will have a few units on shelf. You'd order a set, pay a core fee, replace yours, then send back your old ones as cores to keep the program going.

We just need a few sets of old pieces to use as initial cores to get the program going. I have had zero success trying to source some used cv's to use as cores. I am only trying to do this for community, I have no financial interest here.

Again, for those coming into this thread, this is for propshaft from trans to diff, NOT the driveshafts from diff to each hub.

The rebuild cost would be only a little more than people typically pay for a used driveshaft. The replacement effort should be fairly easy. Remove propshaft from car, remove a few bolts and a snapring to remove old joint. Old joint just slides off.

Currently the only options for worn driveshaft is buy a used shaft that may or may not be good (and as time goes by there are less and less good shafts left), or swap to a very costly u joint shaft. The u joint shaft is a good option for high power builds. But for everyone else, a source for rebuilt or new cv's would be ideal.

As a community we need to get this solved. Either a source for new cv's, or a solid rebuild program. Whatever the result, we need something of similar quality to oem.
Old 01-02-2019, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
I am on a similar mission. I have found a facility that rebuilds cv joints that is willing to start a rebuild program for us where they will have a few units on shelf. You'd order a set, pay a core fee, replace yours, then send back your old ones as cores to keep the program going.

We just need a few sets of old pieces to use as initial cores to get the program going. I have had zero success trying to source some used cv's to use as cores. I am only trying to do this for community, I have no financial interest here.

Again, for those coming into this thread, this is for propshaft from trans to diff, NOT the driveshafts from diff to each hub.

The rebuild cost would be only a little more than people typically pay for a used driveshaft. The replacement effort should be fairly easy. Remove propshaft from car, remove a few bolts and a snapring to remove old joint. Old joint just slides off.

Currently the only options for worn driveshaft is buy a used shaft that may or may not be good (and as time goes by there are less and less good shafts left), or swap to a very costly u joint shaft. The u joint shaft is a good option for high power builds. But for everyone else, a source for rebuilt or new cv's would be ideal.

As a community we need to get this solved. Either a source for new cv's, or a solid rebuild program. Whatever the result, we need something of similar quality to oem.
Hi, This would be a great idea! I have a spare driveshaft with worn CV joints that I am willing to experiment on (located in Ireland)

If I was going to send in my CV joints for the repair... How long would I have to wait for this servise to take care of my CV's ?
You wrote in your previous thread that you are looking to used CV joints to start this process of...how many CV's do you need for the company to actually start this rebuild?

I asked James from Raceparts.co.uk and was told that he checked GKN's and could not find anything that would be compatible.
Old 01-02-2019, 09:03 PM

I would think a couple of sets of cv's would be enough to launch such a program. Two pairs.
Old 01-03-2019, 02:48 AM

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
I would think a couple of sets of cv's would be enough to launch such a program. Two pairs.
Hi,
I have 2 cv's that I am willing to send in. would we need more? If so we must ask around on the forum.
Secondly... would I send them to you? and how much would the Rebuild cost for the 2 of them?
What exactly would the rebuild include ?
What company is going to take on this program?
Thanks !
Old 01-19-2019, 11:55 AM

Hi,
Car Analogy.... any update?
Thx.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updates? I'd love to find some direct replacement CVs or new joint swap
Old 09-18-2020, 11:32 AM

Haven't had any success finding ap1 and ap2 spares to kick this off with.
Old 10-06-2020, 07:05 PM

Received 403 Likes on 338 Posts

I have 2 AP1 spares.
Old 04-11-2022, 06:05 AM

Received 403 Likes on 338 Posts

CVJ043-evo this joint is the same dimension and spline count as the joints on our prop shafts.
The following users liked this post:
Mr.S2000Ap2 (04-14-2022)

Quick Reply: Help me Find PropShaft CV joints, (Dimensions known)