S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

HKS SSM - 1st impressions

Old 06-07-2015, 03:26 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by alSpeed2k
It looks great!
Old 06-08-2015, 04:52 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

Thanks for the review! I have always liked the design of the exhaust, but the few sound clips/videos of this exhaust all sounded like garbage. Wasn't sure if it was the quality of the video or crappy mic, but exhaust didn't sound good until I heard your video. Exhaust definitely sounds great and quiet...maybe as I get older I may switch from my Greddy
SE dual to this or Greddy SE v2.

Love the photos and how you arranged everything after you opened despite being excited. I would get too excited and just slap it on and completely forget about presentation haha
Old 06-08-2015, 05:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HKS has really stepped up their game with the recent new exhausts they have released. They are using new, much higher quality, and better designed two bolt flanges. Definitely a great looking exhaust system. I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. I've had two different HKS exhausts on my s2k.
Old 06-08-2015, 10:22 AM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

Wow, amazing review man! We appreciate it here at Kamispeed!

Love the pics and the car sounds amazing!! Maybe I should pick one up. Hmmmmmm
Old 06-08-2015, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by jaor.s2k
Thanks for the review! I have always liked the design of the exhaust, but the few sound clips/videos of this exhaust all sounded like garbage. Wasn't sure if it was the quality of the video or crappy mic, but exhaust didn't sound good until I heard your video. Exhaust definitely sounds great and quiet...maybe as I get older I may switch from my Greddy
SE dual to this or Greddy SE v2.

Love the photos and how you arranged everything after you opened despite being excited. I would get too excited and just slap it on and completely forget about presentation haha
Yeah I actually wanted to weight it but like you said I got excited and just slapped it on. It def sounds good.

Originally Posted by baZurk
HKS has really stepped up their game with the recent new exhausts they have released. They are using new, much higher quality, and better designed two bolt flanges. Definitely a great looking exhaust system. I'm glad to hear you are happy with it. I've had two different HKS exhausts on my s2k.
Yup it's my first HKS and the quality is there.

Originally Posted by Kami Speed
Wow, amazing review man! We appreciate it here at Kamispeed!

Love the pics and the car sounds amazing!! Maybe I should pick one up. Hmmmmmm
Yeah I felt like I had to make a review. Tried doing research but couldn't find any information on this exhaust. Hope I help people out that have questions on this system.

You should pic one up. It def sounds good! Thanks again for the awesome service!
Old 06-09-2015, 07:16 AM

Very nice. It would look even better with an AP1 rear bumper, which exposes more of the undercarriage!
Old 06-09-2015, 02:43 PM

Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts

Looks and sounds awesome. Did you look at the 70mm dual milltek during your search
Old 06-09-2015, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by kevinS2OOO
Very nice. It would look even better with an AP1 rear bumper, which exposes more of the undercarriage!
Or an ASM bumper. You can see the mufflers and piping through the mesh!
Old 06-09-2015, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by jst2878
Looks and sounds awesome. Did you look at the 70mm dual milltek during your search
Thanks. I did think about it. But I didn't want to pay that much money for An exhaust that has slip on joints instead of flanged. I think the hks will outlast the Milltek also. The quality and craftsmanship of the ssm is really top notch.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:13 PM

Received 37 Likes on 32 Posts

If you want to check out a sound clip of the exhuast. We have one on our site. There is also more information about the exhaust as well.

http://www.kamispeed.com/HKS-Super-S...2023-ah001.htm

Quick Reply: HKS SSM - 1st impressions