S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Info needed. Opinions. Camber kit

Old 01-25-2017, 11:23 AM

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Talking Info needed. Opinions. Camber kit

Hey guys I need some opions on what front camber kit I should go with. I know there is js spc Megan and others. What's is your guys fortake on what I should get? The car is a race car. I don't know why I haven't got these yet. I'm leaning towards the js but let me know what you guys are on.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:11 AM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

In for answers as well.

I've done research and my options are down to either one:SPC obviously seems to be a much more affordable solution but then again the arm is probably lighter and comes with bushings..
Old 01-31-2017, 11:28 AM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I guess my question is why do you need a camber kit? Stock these cars have a lot of adjustment already. It seems more people do the roll center adjusters than any sort of camber kit.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I guess my question is why do you need a camber kit? Stock these cars have a lot of adjustment already. It seems more people do the roll center adjusters than any sort of camber kit.

i need -3 camber or more upfront. I can only get 2.5 max.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:37 AM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have a couple friends running the Origin Fabrication offset bushings with success. These are bushings for the front upper A arm that will pull in the upper A arm about 7mm allowing for more camber. Might also be worth taking a look along with the other options.

Matt
Old 01-31-2017, 12:08 PM

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
Originally Posted by Singh_snisen
i need -3 camber or more upfront. I can only get 2.5 max.
^ What he said. This is a race car... Also, the wider tires you get, the less camber you get. If you have -2.5 on 235s, on a 275s you'd see -2.2* (this isnt exact science but more for an example)
Old 01-31-2017, 12:19 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Please explain how tire size effects the amount of camber you have? That makes no sense to me unless you are limited due to the tire or wheel hitting something on the inside and therefore have to adjust the camber. If the wheel is at -2.5 degrees and you change the wheel and tire or just the tire why would the camber measurement change?
Old 01-31-2017, 12:27 PM

Received 1,250 Likes on 946 Posts

I am using SPC ball joints on the front UCA to get more camber. I've been using the same pair for about...idk? 4 or 5 years. Track time, street driving; I do all that shit, tough guy. The only normal obstacle the car hasn't seen is road salt....because I don't drive mine in winter. No....they've never slipped. Ever. Even when I bent a spindle at the track from hitting curbing sideways.

However, I think in SCCA or NASA organizations will tax you points for offset ball joints. They will NOT, however, tax you points for using offset BUSHINGS, as far as I've heard.

I run -3.1 up front.
Old 01-31-2017, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
I am using SPC ball joints on the front UCA to get more camber. I've been using the same pair for about...idk? 4 or 5 years. Track time, street driving; I do all that shit, tough guy. The only normal obstacle the car hasn't seen is road salt....because I don't drive mine in winter. No....they've never slipped. Ever. Even when I bent a spindle at the track from hitting curbing sideways.

However, I think in SCCA or NASA organizations will tax you points for offset ball joints. They will NOT, however, tax you points for using offset BUSHINGS, as far as I've heard.

I run -3.1 up front.

how was the installation? Easy? Heard u have to trial and error the plates for them to line up perfectly. Really no slip? That's good to hear.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:59 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by gtracer
^ What he said. This is a race car... Also, the wider tires you get, the less camber you get. If you have -2.5 on 235s, on a 275s you'd see -2.2* (this isnt exact science but more for an example)
In general, the wider the tires you have the less camber you want anyway, so it might just work out for you.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 01-31-2017 at 03:02 PM.

Quick Reply: Info needed. Opinions. Camber kit