S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   J's Racing 70rr to Hks hi power single? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/js-racing-70rr-hks-hi-power-single-1194873/)

Joee 06-13-2019 04:59 PM

J's Racing 70rr to Hks hi power single?

Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to trade my 70rr for an HKS hi power single + TP. I've had the 70rr for a year now, loved it when I first bought it, but now it just seems way too loud and I have to take it off for smog. Feel like I'm not driving the car as I'd like because I don't want a cop within a one-mile radius to hear me or because I don't want someone with their window down going deaf. I was thinking of buying the HKS single, is it any quieter than the J's, and does it sound any better? (j's deceleration sounds horrible imo). Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad question, been looking at videos past few days but it's hard to get a good quality listen to it!

Orjinal 06-13-2019 05:07 PM

It is much quieter, however it will still drone.

Joee 06-13-2019 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Orjinal (Post 24612319)
It is much quieter, however it will still drone.

How much quieter would you say it is? About half the j’s? Drone doesn’t bother me too much, just want something that’s still somewhat loud. Just not stupid loud

Orjinal 06-13-2019 06:29 PM

It'll be just as you asked for, loud but not stupid loud.

Chibo 06-15-2019 10:20 AM

Pretty much all of the singles are stupid loud, it just depends on how deaf you already are

RolanTHUNDER 06-18-2019 02:02 AM

Originally Posted by Joee (Post 24612317)
Hey guys, I'm having a hard time deciding whether or not to trade my 70rr for an HKS hi power single + TP. I've had the 70rr for a year now, loved it when I first bought it, but now it just seems way too loud and I have to take it off for smog. Feel like I'm not driving the car as I'd like because I don't want a cop within a one-mile radius to hear me or because I don't want someone with their window down going deaf. I was thinking of buying the HKS single, is it any quieter than the J's, and does it sound any better? (j's deceleration sounds horrible imo). Thanks in advance, and sorry for the bad question, been looking at videos past few days but it's hard to get a good quality listen to it!

Don't do it! The J's Racing exhaust is too awesome and you'll regret letting it go down the line...
I hear what you're saying though and your reasons for wanting to swap it out are understandable. I have the RS version of your RR so mine is a tad bit tamer in volume levels and I'm totally comfortable with it. Still loud AF but that's what I want and I don't have to deal with cops pulling me over for volume in my part of the world :)

The HKS Hi Power is a great exhaust. It's stainless only though. Is your RR stainless or Ti? the Hi Power will be quieter than the J's and less aggressive but still sound really good from what I've heard. It was number one on my exhaust list before my J's FX70RS Ti walked into my life. Needless to say I've never looked back ;)

RolanTHUNDER 06-18-2019 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by Joee (Post 24612323)
How much quieter would you say it is? About half the j’s? Drone doesn’t bother me too much, just want something that’s still somewhat loud. Just not stupid loud

Check out this video:
It's a direct comparison between the 70RR and Hi Power single. To me the Hi Power sounds half as loud so that's a significant difference :)