S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Just installed a Whiteline sway bar... (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/just-installed-whiteline-sway-bar-809168/)

FISH22 08-11-2010 05:02 PM

Just installed a Whiteline sway bar...

Installed my Whiteline FSB earlier today. Was a pretty straight forward job. Only issue I had during install was getting the new bar to line up with the end links. Lots of cussing, and it was done.

I noticed on the factory bar, that it had some type of retaining bushing with a metal band around them. Located on the inboard side of the factory clamps and bushings for the sway bar. I'm assuming those are so the sway doesn't move/slide through the bushings?

Well, the Whiteline bar didn't come with anything like this. Was worried it would somehow have an ill effect... but after plenty of driving today, everything seems perfect, and the front end seems solid. Should I look into getting some type of bushing with a band or hose clamp on the inboard sides of the new Whiteline clamps and bushings? Or is this not required?

Thanks for any help guys! :hello:

wisdom 08-11-2010 09:34 PM

Pictures?

MUAY_THAIerd 08-11-2010 09:43 PM

Hey I have the same bar and I just used the Whiteline clamps and bushings without anything more or special. I also had the fsb on when i went to driftwater and felt nothing wrong with the front end. My car handled like a dream than before the bar. I have to say that the fsb is one of my favorite handling mod that I've done.

spdracerut 08-11-2010 10:25 PM

I have the same bar. It basically settles into a final position where it wants to be and stays there. I've not had any issues at all, no rubbing on anything, etc. even though on my car, it seems to be biased towards one side a bit.

AusS2000 08-11-2010 10:59 PM

Mine's been on for years without problem. And yes I noticed the OEM retainers and none on the Whiteline.

energetic 08-11-2010 11:37 PM

Same here. Just remember to torque tight those Allen bolts again after a month and you are done.

FISH22 08-12-2010 05:06 AM

Thanks a lot for the responses guys!

It really is a great mod. I seriously couldn't believe how much it neutralized the car, especially with my non-staggered setup.

dan_uk 08-12-2010 06:36 AM

I bought this bar and I asked whiteline the same question on email a while back.

They said it should have the collars to stop lateral movement and sent me a set from australia.

FISH22 08-12-2010 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by dan_uk,Aug 12 2010, 09:36 AM
I bought this bar and I asked whiteline the same question on email a while back.

They said it should have the collars to stop lateral movement and sent me a set from australia.

Hmmm, interesting.

I just sent them an email. Thanks. :thumbup: