S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Kadean-dev Carbon GT Wing Review (J's Racing Type 1 Replica)

Old 07-01-2014, 05:13 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Kadean-dev Carbon GT Wing Review (J's Racing Type 1 Replica)

Thought I share this wing with you guys, since I haven't seen a topic about this wing or the company who produces them.

So. I purchased a J's Racing replica wing from a company called Kadean-dev. I'm not really the guy who buys replica parts (until now ) but the quality looked great on the pictures and it was half the price of a real one. About 800 US dollars including shipping. So I thought, why not give it a try?

The overall quality looks good. The carbon weave looks pretty much the same as the carbon weave of my authentic J's Racing trunk and the wingstands look great aswell. The mounting plates on the other hand look a bit rough around the edges, but they can look a lot better if you just sand them down and repaint them. So I still like to do that in the future. The sideflaps are a slighty different shape. Less sharper corners in comparison to the real deal and the carbon weave goes vertical instead of diagonal, but still, they look alright. The wingstands feel really solid. No movement whatsoever when I touch the wing. You also get loads of differents screws and bolts which you can choose from.

I have to say, I'm very happy with this wing. The quality is good. It doesn't cost a lot and it functions "perfect".

Features:

High Gloss Finish
UV Protection
3K Twill Carbon Material
1600mm wide
215mm or 295mm wingstand

For more pics and info you can visit their site kadean-dev.com

Here is a carbon comparison...

Kadean-dev GT Wing

J's Racing Trunk

Some more pictures...

Old 07-01-2014, 08:38 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Looks good. It was like 1/2 price of a j"s which is good.

I've been looking for a cheaper wing than a j but 800 seems quite steep still
Old 07-01-2014, 08:56 PM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Bit of a stretch to claim a aero part functions perfect without proof. Especially without even taking it to track I assume.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wing looks nice but I probably would have went with an apr 200-300 for the price though.
Old 07-01-2014, 10:44 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ian300D
Bit of a stretch to claim a aero part functions perfect without proof. Especially without even taking it to track I assume.
If it's an exact replica of the J's wing (rebranded Voltex Type 2), then it will work. The J's and Voltex produce a lot of downforce. I don't think the air will know the difference between authentic or a replica...
Old 07-02-2014, 08:57 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by 06Estukay
Originally Posted by Ian300D' timestamp='1404277003' post='23226588
If it's an exact replica of the J's wing (rebranded Voltex Type 2), then it will work. The J's and Voltex produce a lot of downforce. I don't think the air will know the difference between authentic or a replica...
I am no purist. Just don't want others to be mislead. I have yet to see CFD data on replica or authentic wing. If you want to verify the main worry I have on you wing, fasten a tight string to center of wing to trunk, jump on highway 70-90mph and see if the string remains taught. As many will know a wing that flexes from downforce will cause problems with keeping it's intended downforce and drag settings. Again this is a cheap, not incredibly scientific, but semi adequate test that could help others. I will attempt this with friends authentic Js wing and my APR Gtc200 to see differences.
Old 07-02-2014, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by boyguan
Looks good. It was like 1/2 price of a j"s which is good.

I've been looking for a cheaper wing than a j but 800 seems quite steep still
Actually here in The Netherlands we pay about 2300 dollars for a real J's wing because we have to pay huge taxes (4,5% + 21%) for foreign goods.
So for you a replica wing is almost 3 times cheaper, what we have to pay for a real one.
I had to pay another 240 dollars of tax when this wing got at customs.
Still for our standards, it is quite a good price.

Originally Posted by Ian300D
Ok you are right, I probably can't say it functions a 100% perfect, but what I do have noticed this last week is a significant amount of stability through mid and high speed corners. Also I can definetly feel the rear getting pushed down to the road and in a result I noticed some more understeer. But I hope to compensate that with some J's Canards, a difusser and some suspension changes. Soon I will test it some more on the Nurnburgring.
Old 07-02-2014, 10:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Resan
Ok you are right, I probably can't say it functions a 100% perfect, but what I do have noticed this last week is a significant amount of stability through mid and high speed corners. Also I can definetly feel the rear getting pushed down to the road and in a result I noticed some more understeer. But I hope to compensate that with some J's Canards, a difusser and some suspension changes. Soon I will test it some more on the Nurnburgring.
I'm going to have some Password JDM race canards up for sale shortly if that interests you. Also I recommend going with a WASP race splitter to go with that wing. I love mine!
Old 07-02-2014, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
Originally Posted by Resan' timestamp='1404323719' post='23227410
I'm going to have some Password JDM race canards up for sale shortly if that interests you. Also I recommend going with a WASP race splitter to go with that wing. I love mine!
I already ordered a set of J's Racing canards made specifically for the prefacelift bumper.
Tnx for your recommendation and I'm glad to hear you also like your wing!
Old 07-02-2014, 12:18 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

I've been looking for a wing and this price is so tempting. Too bad it's not made in the us

Quick Reply: Kadean-dev Carbon GT Wing Review (J's Racing Type 1 Replica)