S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

KPro - Flashpro... Am I just SOL?

Old 03-08-2019, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default KPro - Flashpro... Am I just SOL?

I apologize ahead of time if this has been asked, but I havent found anything. I have a 2005 (obviously ap2) and I put headers, and the tomei expreme ti exhaust system in, with the test pipe. O2 sensors were bad long before that though so I just took them out as I installed the new pipes. Following that, the engine code came on, not a surprise there. Well I'm outta the military and back home in AZ, and need AZ plates, but have to pass emissions. So I've ordered new o2 sensors to help the issue. But I also wanted to get a flashpro as back up but also to finally tune my car. I happened to notice flashpro on the Hondata site says 2006-2009. Kpro is way more expensive and rightfully so because of all its extra crap it comes with. I'm just wanting a tune and wont be running boost or nothin so flashpro is better for me, but am I SOL? Do I HAVE TO BUY the KPro at this point?
Old 03-08-2019, 01:46 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Yes flashpro wont work with your car.
If you think Kpro is to expensive you might want to look at Greddy Emanage Ultimate instead, or maybe a Apexi NEO and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:46 AM

Received 1,131 Likes on 994 Posts

As noted FlashPro will NOT work with a pre-2006 S2000 which specifically excludes the MY 2005 cars. FlashPro needs a "flashable" ECU -- AKA Drive By Wire. The S2000 "market" segment of FlashPro hasn't any major changes in years it seems.

Your first priority is to get the car smog legal so you can get tags. Worry about tuning later. I'm not sure a S2000 without the OE ECU will pass emissions anywhere. Nor if you can pass without a catalytic converter. There's a zillion guys in places like California who have experienced all the hassles but it seems some (many?) of them have to jump thru hoops every year as smog test time.

-- Chuck
Old 03-08-2019, 07:13 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Both the Greddy and Apexi unit uses OEM ecu.
If there is just a matter of getting the CEL to turn off to pass inspection then an O2 spacer usually is enough.
Old 03-08-2019, 07:37 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

You're not passing emissions here with a KPro. Do an o2 spacer if you just want to pass emissions, call Karcepts and buy their base map + EMU if you want a tune.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:55 AM

Received 411 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by Chibo
You're not passing emissions here with a KPro.
Why not? It can pass im California and other places.
Old 03-08-2019, 09:00 AM

Ok gotcha, thanks you guys. So then I would imagine on the emissions side, I install the new o2 sensors, and if that doesnt clear the issue, then I get o2 spacers yeah? And for tuning later on I will look into those other ones you guys listed. I would like it to still be able to pass emissions with whatever I put in there if possible while also getting what power I can out of the mods I HAVE done so far. Appreciate all and any further help!
Old 03-08-2019, 10:03 AM

Received 123 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by Gigdy
Why not? It can pass im California and other places.
KPro doesn't enable evap, you'll get flagged for the referee station.

I was sent to ref for a FlashPro in my Civic last week due to disabled monitors and no E-VIN returned. Some people have not had the issue in S2000s locally with the FlashPro... and some people have, but KPro will definitely be an issue.

There is a thread about it in the Arizona section. https://www.s2ki.com/forums/arizona-...sting-1167458/
Old 03-08-2019, 11:34 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Greddy EMU is the only option for passing in AZ. If you plan to keep it na and maintain factory injectors, AEM V2 is a good option. I say the na & oem injectors because it is a plug and play ecu, so no sensor swapping or labor like K-pro. You could swap back to the factory ecu a day or two before testing and reinstall it afterwards. Will take all of 10 minutes total to swap. Aem v2 would be more than capable to handle f/i and injectors if you choose to go that route later on down the road- you will just lose the convenient swap benefit.
Old 03-08-2019, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by flanders
Both the Greddy and Apexi unit uses OEM ecu.
If there is just a matter of getting the CEL to turn off to pass inspection then an O2 spacer usually is enough.
Would these units serve kinda the same ability and purpose as if I had a flashpro? Good in quality and everything as well?

Quick Reply: KPro - Flashpro... Am I just SOL?