S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review

Old 09-08-2016, 01:39 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review

I had my car tuned by John at LHT over in Tampa on Tuesday and couldn't be happier. Totally worth the 4 hour trip each way and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. It's nearly impossible to find trustworthy shops around here, so dealing with John was a great experience to say the least. He was even nice enough to knock a couple bucks off the originally quoted tuning price to help pay for my gas, which I thought was really nice of him.

After posting about my experience in the Forced Induction forum, John (CRVRX) replied and told me to message him my address so he could send me a free LHT Master Cylinder Brace. The awesome customer service doesn't stop there...I figured since he's nice enough to do this, I should buy an LHT battery tie-down from him, since I've been wanting to replace my nasty looking stock one anyways. Nope, still wouldn't take any money from me. John sent me both products free of charge and told me he appreciates my business. Now that is outstanding customer service.

Anyways, this was just yesterday, and at around 12:30PM today, UPS delivered both items to my doorstep. I'll let the photos do the talking for a little bit here...

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-qnb3jxc.jpg

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-qybmlez.jpg

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-48fzs84.jpg

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-6rmowoj.jpg

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-5mpaxuz.jpg

As you can see from the photos, quality and finish are outstanding. On to the install...

Installing the MC brace was cake. Took all of 2 minutes to remove both strut tower nuts, mount the brace, tighten the nuts, extend the threaded bolt and tighten a nut. Simple.

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-fbyjcdc.jpg

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-ulksxzl.jpg

Battery tie down was also an easy install. I had to measure and cut the two factory threaded rods down a little bit, which only took a couple minutes with a dremel. The final result looks 100x better.

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-ag0fr06.jpg

And an overall engine bay shot with both parts installed...

LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review-fxnhfdn.jpg

Took the car for a quick drive with a few hard stops afterwards, and I can definitely tell a big difference in braking response and pedal feel. On top of that, I don't have to look at my gross, corroded factory battery tie down anymore

I've had some good experiences with shops, and a LOT of bad experiences, so I'm pretty picky. But I'll definitely be doing business with LHT again in the future and I highly recommend them to anyone. Thanks for looking!
The following users liked this post:
Claus (04-07-2022)
Old 09-08-2016, 02:36 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm extremely lucky to have LHT as my shop local to me (less than 15mins away), everything they do is top notch. As a frequent customer of theirs, it makes me feel great knowing that they treat others awesome as well. Very proud to say they work on my car.
Old 09-08-2016, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i live in between orlando and tampa..but i work in orlando...and honestly have been eyeballing them to do my clutch install even tho i can get it done very cheap at my dealership but i dont trust my techs to properly grease everything lol.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:06 PM

Received 3,373 Likes on 2,452 Posts

Nice write up. Let us know how the master cylinder brace works , I'm interested in getting one , let us know if it makes any difference you can feel.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:48 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by zeroptzero
Nice write up. Let us know how the master cylinder brace works , I'm interested in getting one , let us know if it makes any difference you can feel.

See the bottom part of my post.
Old 09-08-2016, 03:59 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I have watched a few of their yourube videos just a few days ago. They definitely look like a good shop to go to.
Old 09-09-2016, 04:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks so much for the post Matt.

Most folks don't know but we opened in 1997 and have stayed true since day 1 .We do this because we love it, I only sell products that I use myself ( Not the ones with the best Margins) and treat people and their cars with respect.I understand these are peoples pride and joy and in a lot of case their dream build. We gets a lot of cars shipping from other States and countries as they know and trust what we do and know we'll give our 100%.

Thanks for the kind words guys, it really means alot.
The following users liked this post:
GBR! (06-29-2023)
Old 09-09-2016, 04:21 AM

Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

I would also like to thank John @ LHT for my master cylinder brace as well. i installed this last week and let me tell you as soon as i got in the car and pressed the brake pedal it was a huge night and day difference. While driving the car now as soon as you go to tap the pedal you feel the brakes bite, there is no more soft top pedal feel it is nice and hard. Def worth doing. I also went out and did a few hard stops and it feels great!
Old 09-09-2016, 06:09 AM

Received 1,133 Likes on 996 Posts

Perhaps my car has little firewall flex or I don't brake that hard but I really can't feel much if any difference. It's staying on the car, though.

Name:  IMG_2053_zpszz2flwwg.jpg
Views: 2929
Size:  190.3 KB

-- Chuck
Old 09-09-2016, 08:28 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

One of the biggest things I miss since leaving Florida back in 2008 is having quick easy access to LHT. I had been going there for years for engine swaps and axles and all sorts and John was always courteous, quick and clean. This was back in the day when H-T was for techs- Bert-O, Neil etc. Super awesome shop

Quick Reply: LHT Master Cylinder Brace & Battery Tie Down Review