S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Megan Racing Engine/Transmission Mounts

Old 10-29-2012, 05:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Haven't posted here in awhile but I did get my Megan Racing motor/tranny mounts installed in the meantime...

I'm with you CoolGuy, great mod! I went from totally shot OEM mounts to these Megan mounts so it's literally like a new car. Handles MUCH better, somewhat like a go-kart in fact. The vibration has gone up some, but minimally...I notice my side mirrors rattle when the car first starts but besides that every thing just feels TIGHT. I'd suggest this mod anyday!
Old 10-29-2012, 07:49 PM

So innovative track mounts will be horrible for a DD? Is there that much rattle? I think I'm due for new mounts. Looking to have a SC put in, but at 100k on the mounts engine and not sure if the mounts were ever changed. Any way to tell by visual inspection? I never was an original owner of an S but this is my second one. First one had clutch buzz. HKS dual compensated for that sound. i Will consider these making my decision.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I would highly recommend these over the innovative if your car is your DD. No personal experience in a car that has innovatives, but the megans dont vibrate much at all in my car now (or ive gotten used to it).
Old 10-31-2012, 06:31 AM

I was thinking about these mounts. Probly going to go with them now.

And as for innovative mounts. I had them on my old del sol. Sooo horrible! Went from stock mounts to the innovative and had no vibrations with my stock mounts to the dash vibrating. And after about 3 months the dash was so loose i could move it with my hands up and down and back and forth quite a bit. Never again. I know it was just a del sol but i imagine if kept the car the dash would have fell off... Lol
Old 10-31-2012, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good review. For the price I may get them until my motor build is done and I'll upgrade them to something stiffer and stiffer differentisland mounts upon that day.I went from OEM mounts in my prelude to hasport 75a race mounts and it was mild vibration. I had the.two hasport motor mounts and the trans mount.and where most people take off the front mount I bought a brand new OEM front and put the energy suspension insert in to make it fairly solid and still wasn't bad vibration but it was noticeable and I had to use loctite to keep my tail lights screwed in lol.

So in essence I say it's all about the function and how much you personally are willing to "sacrifice " for performance. My old crx had solid mounts in it and it vibrated to intensely that I couldn't here anything but my interior rattling and when I would floor it the dash lights and radio would cut on and off (solutions were foam tape between interior trims and body to hush the noise from rattle and ziptie all electric connections )

my OEM s2000 mounts aren't as bad as yalls so before mine broke I bought the ingalls torque damper.stiffened it up and kept quality ride and throttle response....I wonder how these mounts plus a tq damper would do??
Old 11-01-2012, 02:55 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Honestly, for a DD I probably wouldn't recommend these. On a NA car they may be fine, but on my S2000 they're a bit much. You can watch the entire hood vibrate (and hear it rattle if the latch is a bit too loose). I think I'm going to go back to stock on my drivers side, but will keep the Megan mount on my passenger's side because there is way too much heat for me to trust a stock mount there. With that said, my stock mounts were in great shape when I took them out.

Tim
Old 12-29-2012, 05:11 AM

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts

I've got a set of these for my s2000 ready to bolt on and just wondering what peoples opinions are now a few months down the line. I used to have energy inserts on my s2000 mounts and they made a massive difference to the car when first fitted and over time they loosened up abit making even less vibration. At the moment i have an Ingalls torque damper which is at its full stiffness and i can put up with that without any problems but ultimately that's just masking the issue the real fix is the Megan mounts.

I wasnt planning on fitting the transmission mounts at the moment just the engine mounts as the transmission ones seem fine not worn or damaged like the others.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I pulled the drivers side out and replaced it with a stock mount. While they limited the turbo setup's interference with the chassis and reduced that noise/vibration, the mounts did introduce significant vibration of their own. I will be keeping the passenger's side mount due to the location of my turbo setup.

Tim
Old 01-14-2013, 04:37 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Alright, I am not sure what is the largest contributing factor here, but my previous setup after I installed these was Megan engine mounts, Megan transmission mounts, NRG engine torque damper w/ red poly inserts (hard), and I am Comptech SC'd. I finally got tired of the amount of vibration making it through to the cabin. While everything felt very tight and held together, there was a decent amount of rattle and buzz with the top up... at idle, while accelerating, and while cruising.

I removed the ETD completely and swapped back to the stock transmission mounts, but kept the Megan engine mounts. Idle is still a bit shaky, but acceleration and cruising are muuuuuch quieter. It is all far more bearable now when driving anyone around, and not quite as embarrassing. The random rattles from the dash and door panel don't happen anymore, which were the most annoying.

Again, I am not sure how much of that was the transmission mounts, how much was the ETD set on hard inserts, or how much may just be my supercharger vs a NA setup, so YMMV. I have switched the ETD over to the black rubber (soft) inserts and will reinstall to see how it feels.

Also, the weather was pretty warm this weekend which may have softened up the rubber engine mounts some too and caused less vibration.
Old 01-14-2013, 11:16 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the update.

Quick Reply: Megan Racing Engine/Transmission Mounts