S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Mugen Intake and PWDJDM cooling plate

Old 12-18-2014, 04:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mugen Intake and PWDJDM cooling plate

Hello, does anyone know if a Mugen intake will fit with a PWDJDM cooling plate without modification?
Old 12-18-2014, 06:04 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

get ASM cooling plate. PWJDM only sells CHEAP carbon fiber. stay away from that company.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:19 PM

Well, here's what I have planned. I have a Mugen intake and have a cusco metal plate I'm going to cut. A friend has a pwdjdm intake w/plate and I was just going to use his as a template.
Old 12-18-2014, 08:51 PM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

i doubt it will work. the PWJDM plate is meant for the PWJDM intake AFAIK, which has a different snorkel shape. It might work in the sense that the opening in the PWJDM plate might be larger--enough to accommodate the mugen intake, but it definitely won't be cut to hug the contours of the mugen intake like the ASM plate is.
Old 12-18-2014, 09:51 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Why do you need a cooling plate? It doesn't do anything in these cars with the stock air guide, even when cut for a snorkel
Old 12-19-2014, 12:26 AM

My Mugen intake was purchased used. When installing it, I removed the factory radiator guide. I've been running it this way for a few years, but it has always bothered me. I came across a cheap cooling plate and figured I'd hack it up a bit, doesn't need to fit perfectly like the ASM one.
Old 12-19-2014, 05:32 AM

Received 312 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FastS2k
My Mugen intake was purchased used. When installing it, I removed the factory radiator guide. I've been running it this way for a few years, but it has always bothered me. I came across a cheap cooling plate and figured I'd hack it up a bit, doesn't need to fit perfectly like the ASM one.
If we can find someone with one that fits a Mugen intake we could copy the opening onto yours and cut it out.

The PWJDM one will not work right because their intake is a copy of the ASM intake that was made a bit bigger in some spots. The snorkel is a much different shape than your Mugen is.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:11 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Originally Posted by 1FastS2k' timestamp='1418981161' post='23441888
If we can find someone with one that fits a Mugen intake we could copy the opening onto yours and cut it out.

The PWJDM one will not work right because their intake is a copy of the ASM intake that was made a bit bigger in some spots. The snorkel is a much different shape than your Mugen is.
I personally don't know anyone local with that plate though, do you Feez? I was just going to try to mock up with Marcus's PWDJDM plate. You know me, I don't really need it perfect, I just want it to work. Maybe someone that has the ASM might be able to take measurements of the cutout? The one I've got isn't in perfect condition, so I really don't mind hacking it up.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:16 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

I have an asm plate for the mugen intake I can mail to you. Ill actually be in AZ next week but can't bring that on the plane. I can ship it when I get back into town.
Old 12-19-2014, 06:48 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn
I have an asm plate for the mugen intake I can mail to you. Ill actually be in AZ next week but can't bring that on the plane. I can ship it when I get back into town.
Thanks for the offer, but I'd hate for something to happen in shipping. If at all possible, maybe you could pull it off and just make a cardboard template of the cutout for me? That would be awesome.

The more I listen to myself, the more Ghetto I sound, lol. Finances are a little tough right now and I've been kind of bored with the car lately. A small project like this might keep me preoccupied for a while and spark some new interest in the car. Make sense?

Quick Reply: Mugen Intake and PWDJDM cooling plate