S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

My new exhaust =]

Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My new exhaust =]

Hey guys,

I know that there isn't much information or reviews on the Megan Racing Drift Spec exhaust, so I had a little bit of extra money lying around and needed a new exhaust anyways. So that being said... ON TO THE REVIEW!

Impression of the company:
- Outstanding customer service. I noticed on their website that they did not have a model exhaust for the 04-05 group (like usual for most parts). I emailed them asking them about it and they had looked into the 06-08 ap2 model drift spec exhaust for the 04-05, and got back to me the next day saying it will fit perfect after test fitting it on a test car. For assisting them in discovering an extended application for their s2000 community, they gave me a referral price which knocked it down about 40 dollars, not including the cali tax I have to pay for out here that they took care of for me as well. I think I paid about 400 dollars for the 3" exhaust. Shipping was insanely fast. It was at my door in 2 days. The packaging was well taken care of and I couldn't find a single scratch at all.

Impression of exhaust (visual):
- I definately underestimated the quality of the exhaust. The welds are beautiful, no clumps, perfect ridges and no scratches as stated above. Measurements came out perfect. Tip is exactly 4 inches and one thing i love about the canister (because believe it or not, I'm very picky about the little stuff), is that it isn't really fat. It is really slim and makes the 4 inch tip seem small when looking at it installed on the car. As for the rest of the piping, 3 inches measures in perfect. The Slant is very aggressive as most have stated but not rediculous looking IMO. I love slanted exhaust and I think the company had a great outlook on the angle it should be at on an S. ALSO! This I found very interesting. The silencer that came with it is actually super nice and really low profile. I have not driven with it yet, but it is strange. It is the normal pipe, with the blocker thing, and then another small pipe and another blocker thing. It is black, low profile, and has great fitment. It looks as if it is part of the exhaust when it is on.

Installation:
- Simple as usual for a typical exhaust system. Sorry, I didn't weigh it at all like I really wanted. Maybe one day when I'm bored, I'll take it off and weigh it for you guys. It did feel pretty light for a stainless steel exhaust tho. That is the first thing I did notice right away when picking it up. Clearance out of the rear bumper is perfect and dead center with no rubbing. To my amazement (living in Cali), I have yet to hear it scrape the ground on major bumps in the road. All the bolts lined up perfect and gaskets matched up perfect as well.

Sound:
- It isn't as loud as my first exhaust, so that makes it tolerable for me, but it is still very loud, but only when you get on it and a little loud when accelerating normal from a stop. But.... When you are cruising, like most exhausts, feathering the exhaust naturally makes it seem as if it is barely even there. Note that the exhaust will not be as loud later on. When you do get on it, it is music to my ears... I have had so many positive comments on it, most being the way it sounds. It is deep in low rpms with the rumble that I have always desired and it screams in vtec. It is pure sex.... sorry . It has a small drone here and there, but it actually isn't bad. driving normal has no drone and sounds amazing, expecially if you shift at like 5500. < I don't know if anyone else does this, but I do it for the sound, lol. I always have.

Butt Dyno:
- As for power, I notice a great gain in bottom end, especially driving normal off a stop. The car is more responsive and picks up real quick in low rpms (2k-5k). Vtec pulls slightly harder, but not a crazy difference or anything. Sorry I don't have a dyno to back any of this up.

Current Supporting Parts:
- Megan Racing Stainless Header, Skunk 2 70mm Test Pipe, K&N FIPK Intake.

If anyone has any questions for me, I will answer them to my best ability for you.

I will be posting up a video as soon as I can get my better video camera working. Pics will have to do for now! And yes... I have Texas plates cuz I'm originally from Dallas, TX. I'm in the military and I'm stationed in Sunny, Beautiful San Diego, CA. I'm pretty sure I'm the only Rio Yellow S2K in San Diego w/ Texas plates... That seems to be what I'm known for. Can't wait to go back to D-Town tho. Enjoy!

Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 PM

looks good! I plan on getting one within the next couple weeks.

What exhaust did you have before this?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:08 PM

I went from stock to a custom 3" HKS single back in the day cuz they didn't make it at the time. That was my loudest exhaust.... kind of annoying and too much drone. Then got rid of it because of getting pulled over all the time for how loud it was and getting fix it tickets. the exhaust would pass cali emissions w/ a cat on, but epically failed the decible test, even with a silencer. I didn't have enough money to buy another stock exhaust, so i decided to get a cheapo one off ebay with smaller piping and it actually turned out as a nice exhaust and passed the decible test. The megan replaced it and i'm keeping that dual on the side.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:19 PM

once again yer the man, Love the exhaust. Might just have to buy one soon....
Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice review. How are your ears doing?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:24 PM

Random: What size/offset are your wheels? Are you lowered?
Old 10-09-2010, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by spook,Oct 9 2010, 06:21 PM
Nice review. How are your ears doing?
haha they feel fine surprisingly, but i do know what you are talking about, haha.
Old 10-09-2010, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by bnag0,Oct 9 2010, 06:24 PM
Random: What size/offset are your wheels? Are you lowered?
Yes, I'm only lowered on springs right now. Still deciding on suspension...

Front:
17x7.5 45 offset 225/45R-17 Yokohama S-Drive on Advan RGII

Rear:
17x8.5 50 offset 255/45R-17 Nitto NT05 on Advan RGII
Old 10-09-2010, 10:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After having a Megan strut bar mount bend on my Prelude(I had to hammer it HARD to even get it off), I just won't buy from them again.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:28 AM

good review, personally to much angle though

Quick Reply: My new exhaust =]