S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

New source for replica side strakes - Review

Old 06-28-2019, 05:37 PM

Received 34 Likes on 34 Posts

I wish you all the best in getting a set that fit. I ended up pulling the trigger on oem ones 2 nights ago because i contacted a friend at a honda and he told me there were only 4 left in laguna blue in california and none elsewhere in the us. I wasn't brave enough to hold out to find out if you eventually got ones that fit and then miss out on getting oem ones.
Old 06-28-2019, 07:41 PM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

I may use threadcerts, or perhaps the same plastic rivets used under the hood. Those options require a larger hole. So if the self taping screws aren't hacking it, I can just use that hooe as a pilot for larger hole for these other options.

If meyal fasteners are used, stainless hardware is a good idea...
Old 07-01-2019, 07:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would love to see the results after install. Seriously considering these
Old 07-11-2019, 10:05 AM

Received 1,315 Likes on 993 Posts

Bump. Updated first post with initial install photo.
Old 09-16-2019, 10:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Screws for the side piece

Originally Posted by Car Analogy
Bump. Updated first post with initial install photo.
Hey Car Analogy, so did you have to drill thru the back side of your fender well with the self tapping screws? I have a set for the longest and wasn’t sure what screws to use and trying to avoid drilling 2 screws on the back part by the wheel. TIA!!
Old 09-30-2019, 07:44 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

FREE :: I have one (1) OEM side strake that was removed from my '03....since the other side was lost somehow. The one that I have is from the DRIVER SIDE and the color is Gran Prix White. Part # stamped inside is 9V09. If this would be helpful to someone on this thread, I would be happy to send by mail at a cost of FREE. All that I want is the cost of postage.+ packing materials. Here's the earlier email that shows the replica version of the parts: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283507825607?ul_noapp=true

I'm not bothering with pics, but it's in good USED condition, EXCEPT the top 1/2 inch of the flange that turns into the wheel opening is missing; most of the top screw hole is intact so that you could still secure it in place. The grey vinyl gasket is intact from top to bottom. You can see from my sig that I've been around here for a while...thus trustworthy.

If interested, please EMAIL me at jerrys2k@comcast.net and give me your mailing address....so that I can figure out the postage.....probably a Flat Rate box will work. First come/ first served.

Last edited by paS2K; 09-30-2019 at 07:52 AM.
Old 09-30-2019, 06:36 PM

Received 20 Likes on 11 Posts

Found a pair on Ebay... https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Hon...YAAOSwHX5dkhkD

08F04-S2A-1P3F color
Old 02-27-2020, 01:17 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Just installed to cover up a dent that’s been driving me crazy since I bought the car. Before and after

Old 12-08-2020, 07:48 PM

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts
Default eBay replica strakes vs Honda OEM strakes

The lower part of my driver side strake keeps getting blasted off by road debris so I wanted to see if the replica strakes could be used as a replacement part. I have an extra set of OEM strakes so I figured it would be nice to compare them side-by-side.

The main issue is that the 'hooks' where the lower part connects to the upper isn't cut out (see 2nd and 3rd to last photos). As long as enough material is there, the hooks can be cut out. Fitment isn't perfect but at least I have a solution in case I lose yet another driver's side strake.

These are the '4 piece' replica strakes. There's another design available on eBay which is a single piece for each side.

replica strake (lower) is missing weatherstrip along the top, as well as attachment point for the center clip (not really needed even with the OEM strake).

Drill your own holes.

OEM lower strake has hooks for attaching to the upper part

Replica strake does not have the hooks cut out, but at least enough material is present for you to do so.

Attachment hardware is minimal compared to what you get with OEM. I would at least get a roll of proper 3M red tape to help fasten the upper part, if I used it.

Old 12-21-2020, 06:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a set of brand new OEM side strakes that I never installed. They have been sitting in the factory box for over 15 years. Now I'm debating finally installing them using your no drill guide or keeping the AP1 "as is" in her purest form. Thanks for the detailed write up!

Quick Reply: New source for replica side strakes - Review