OEM looking aftermarket AP2 headlights on ebay - S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > S2000 Modifications and Parts
Reload this Page >

OEM looking aftermarket AP2 headlights on ebay

Notices
S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OEM looking aftermarket AP2 headlights on ebay

 
Old 02-26-2019, 07:51 AM
  #1  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default OEM looking aftermarket AP2 headlights on ebay

Just spotted these on ebay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-2004-200...sAAOSw6PtccKXU
Anyone know if these are good? I have been looking replacements since mine have stress cracks allover and these are the first OE looking ones I have found for a fraction of the cost of actual ones
danielzap is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 08:38 AM
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by danielzap View Post
Just spotted these on ebay: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-2004-200...sAAOSw6PtccKXU
Anyone know if these are good? I have been looking replacements since mine have stress cracks allover and these are the first OE looking ones I have found for a fraction of the cost of actual ones
I'm hesitant. Looks wise, they look like OEM so no issues there, but we can't say the same about the actual performance of the projector.

Honda S2000 had the best HID projector when it comes to illumination. Who knows what they put in those housing?
Say Chi Sin Lo is online now  
Old 02-26-2019, 10:12 AM
  #3  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
I'm hesitant. Looks wise, they look like OEM so no issues there, but we can't say the same about the actual performance of the projector.

Honda S2000 had the best HID projector when it comes to illumination. Who knows what they put in those housing?
I haven't taken a good look at the housing yet, but would it be possible to swap the projector with the original?
danielzap is offline  
Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 AM
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 508
Thanks: 0
Thanked 14 Times in 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by danielzap View Post
I haven't taken a good look at the housing yet, but would it be possible to swap the projector with the original?
That would require you to re-align the projectors in the new housing. Which can be tedious, annoying, and most people won't get it right.

If you really want to get just get some new headlight covers. I would buy these replicas, and just swap the replica lenses onto your OEM housing.
Say Chi Sin Lo is online now  
Old 02-27-2019, 06:12 AM
  #5  
CMK
 
CMK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Hampton, VA
Posts: 629
Thanked 30 Times in 22 Posts
Default

I'd trust an expert on the subject and avoid aftermarket headlamps at all costs: A Stern Talkin' To About OEM Headlamps?

Having said that, buying the cheapest aftermarket "OEM-style" headlamps I could find and swapping the plastic cover is something I'd consider.
CMK is offline  
Old 02-27-2019, 07:55 AM
  #6  
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 5
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Say Chi Sin Lo View Post
That would require you to re-align the projectors in the new housing. Which can be tedious, annoying, and most people won't get it right.

If you really want to get just get some new headlight covers. I would buy these replicas, and just swap the replica lenses onto your OEM housing.
This is what I am going to end up doing ^^
Thanks!
danielzap is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
TylerS2k
S2000 Talk
1
02-06-2019 10:00 AM
golubS2K
S2000 Talk
36
06-21-2017 11:55 AM
golubS2K
S2000 Modifications and Parts
14
12-23-2016 04:43 AM
MasterLe247
S2000 Modifications and Parts
16
10-02-2016 01:10 PM


Quick Reply: OEM looking aftermarket AP2 headlights on ebay


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands