S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Opinion on the aFe Takeda intake?

Old 06-23-2016, 09:14 AM

Received 426 Likes on 362 Posts

Their picture shows a car without the factory cooling plate/radiator duct, no mention about it in the manual though.
The factory duct would allow very little air to flow up to that intake mouth, it's a great looking design otherwise.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hmmm. $450 is kinda steep to spend not knowing hard results yet. If it's proven to be better than oem intake, then I would be down. Had the K&N FIPK, but still heatsoaked pretty bad in Houston traffic.
Old 06-23-2016, 12:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by flanders
Their picture shows a car without the factory cooling plate/radiator duct, no mention about it in the manual though.
The factory duct would allow very little air to flow up to that intake mouth, it's a great looking design otherwise.
Good eye and interesting point, although there won't be any less air flow than what was designed with the OEM intake in place. I would leave the stock air guide to maintain air pressure through the rad, without adding any other aftermarket cooling plates.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:41 PM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Grilla
I think any kind of cooling plate with this would be more of a restriction than anything else. With the hood closed, the intake draws from the cold air which doesn't go through the radiator. Cooling plates close off this area to force more air into the rad, no? Any snorkel/hole on it won't compare favorably to just having it completely open, IMO. Really tempted to get one. I just got a baseline dyno and would definitely run it again with the intake. Brew1, keep us posted with your impressions
Agree.

The stock air guide has slits on the passenger side to allow air up and into the intake. If you put a plate above the guide you're essentially stopping any air flow up there.
Old 06-23-2016, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Brew1
I've ordered one but still waiting for it to arrive...
Definitely keep us posted Brew1!

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
there's a guy out here in socal who was one of the test cars and has nothing but positive reviews about it. Judging from the looks alone the enclosed box is already a big plus vs the crap box the FIPK comes with.
Does he have any DYNO numbers? I am leaning towards getting this to replace my FIPK more and more (especially in this North Texas heat)..

Would the Pro Dry S filter be better than the 5R filter?
Old 06-23-2016, 09:48 PM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinnnnn
Originally Posted by Brew1' timestamp='1466676446' post='24000218

there's a guy out here in socal who was one of the test cars and has nothing but positive reviews about it. Judging from the looks alone the enclosed box is already a big plus vs the crap box the FIPK comes with.
Does he have any DYNO numbers? I am leaning towards getting this to replace my FIPK more and more (especially in this North Texas heat)..

I prefer dry filters over oiled filters. I ran an afe pro dry S on my Tacoma for years. It is also a common replacement for the foam filter from the Comprech intake.
Old 06-24-2016, 03:20 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Moddiction Ryan, will you be carrying these?
Old 06-24-2016, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think maybe they do...

My link
Old 06-24-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 122 Likes on 84 Posts

hmm, that is an interesting design. Would love to see more results for it
Old 06-24-2016, 07:44 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by calvinnnnn
Originally Posted by Brew1' timestamp='1466676446' post='24000218

I believe the dyno's on the website is his car. It was an ap2 with 255 squared rpf1s and that seems to be what is in the description of the dyno.

Quick Reply: Opinion on the aFe Takeda intake?