Go Back  S2KI Honda S2000 Forums > General Interest > S2000 Modifications and Parts
Reload this Page >

OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?

S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?

 
Old 09-17-2018, 10:34 PM
  #1  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RolanTHUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In VTEC
Posts: 1,480
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Question OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?

Found these:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-gt...r-ap1-ap2.html

This is the twin plate:

https://www.rhdjapan.com/os-giken-st...t-ap1-ap2.html

I couldn't find any power/torque handling specs on their site but I know this is a good brand in the tuning world. Anyone ever run these? The prices are really good! Wondering if this is too good to be true...?
RolanTHUNDER is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 08:13 AM
  #2  
 
RussianHammer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 1,614
Received 64 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

I had a OS Giken single before on my old car. I cannot begin too tell you how much you probably do not need it. These clutches are for circuit use, and for people who are going to be beating on their clutch for long periods of time.
RussianHammer is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 02:52 PM
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,315
Received 33 Likes on 30 Posts
Default

rhdjapan is legit
afzan is online now  
Old 09-18-2018, 03:57 PM
  #4  
Site Moderator
 
Manga_Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 12,407
Received 137 Likes on 124 Posts
Default

RHD is legit but don't forget that the listed price doesn't include shipping from Japan and their fees.
Manga_Spawn is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:48 PM
  #5  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RolanTHUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In VTEC
Posts: 1,480
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by RussianHammer View Post
I had a OS Giken single before on my old car. I cannot begin too tell you how much you probably do not need it. These clutches are for circuit use, and for people who are going to be beating on their clutch for long periods of time.
Really? I'd expect at least some of their kits to be more street focused with light track duty perhaps. I wonder what their twin plate would feel and perform like?
RolanTHUNDER is offline  
Old 09-18-2018, 09:49 PM
  #6  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RolanTHUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In VTEC
Posts: 1,480
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn View Post
RHD is legit but don't forget that the listed price doesn't include shipping from Japan and their fees.
Shibata! (Dammit in Japanese)
That's the fine print huh? Might as well ask for a quote on one of those kits just to see what the fees and shipping add up to. I could use Aramex global shopper to receive and ship to me since I have a Tokyo address...
RolanTHUNDER is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 04:10 AM
  #7  
 
flanders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Sweden
Posts: 2,804
Received 139 Likes on 135 Posts
Default

Just ad the items you want in the cart and you will see the shipping costs and alternatives at checkout.
Import fees is different for most countries, not sure on SA but I bet it wont be more than the ~30% we have in Sweden at least
flanders is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 05:27 AM
  #8  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RolanTHUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In VTEC
Posts: 1,480
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by flanders View Post
Just ad the items you want in the cart and you will see the shipping costs and alternatives at checkout.
Import fees is different for most countries, not sure on SA but I bet it wont be more than the ~30% we have in Sweden at least
Thanks for the tip. I wouldn't be surprised if the duties here are quite close to Sweden's (damn that's steep)
RolanTHUNDER is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 02:42 PM
  #9  
Site Moderator
 
Manga_Spawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 12,407
Received 137 Likes on 124 Posts
Default

Hm maybe I was wrong. You do have to pay shipping charges and there is a fee for using paypal but for the first link total comes to $778.48 so not a huge amount more. Anyways I have ordered from them before and they have been good to deal with. I usually have Jesse Streeter give me a quote as well as sometimes he is cheaper.
Manga_Spawn is offline  
Old 09-19-2018, 10:53 PM
  #10  
Registered User
Thread Starter
 
RolanTHUNDER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: In VTEC
Posts: 1,480
Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn View Post
Hm maybe I was wrong. You do have to pay shipping charges and there is a fee for using paypal but for the first link total comes to $778.48 so not a huge amount more. Anyways I have ordered from them before and they have been good to deal with. I usually have Jesse Streeter give me a quote as well as sometimes he is cheaper.
That's not bad at all. I am very curious as to how that single plate clutch with green PP feels and what kind of torque it can handle. couldn't find those figures on the OS Giken site unfortunately...who knows, it may be perfect for stock or modded NA with more bite than OEM for quicker shifting with less slip even while pulling hard up hill and it might even be able to handle SC amounts of torque... if it can and it lasts fairly long then that's a very good deal.
RolanTHUNDER is offline  

Quick Reply: OS Giken Single and Twin Plate Clutches?


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands