S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Parrot Asteroid (Circa 2012) Value?

Old 02-11-2019, 03:23 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Parrot Asteroid (Circa 2012) Value?

Hey, all!

My car came with a parrot asteroid HU installed in it. It didnt quite fit right, and I had no interest in a lot of its features, so I decided to swap it out for my pioneer unit (which fits correctly) that I prefer. Now i'm looking to sell the parrot. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth? I can't find anything info about it online.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, will delete if that is the case.

Thanks!

Old 02-11-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by nstrahan
Hey, all!

My car came with a parrot asteroid HU installed in it. It didnt quite fit right, and I had no interest in a lot of its features, so I decided to swap it out for my pioneer unit (which fits correctly) that I prefer. Now i'm looking to sell the parrot. Does anyone have any idea how much it is worth? I can't find anything info about it online.

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, will delete if that is the case.

Thanks!

Probably almost nothing....maybe 50 bucks if someone is even looking for one? I used to have a Parrot Asteroid Smart double-din touch screen years ago....pretty cool unit but I ended up removing it. It did a ton of stuff, but none of it particularly well, and was very buggy out of the box. Even when it was rooted it still sucked. You can find them for around $200 now when they used to be $500 or so, who knows if they're even selling at that price. They kinda went down in flames because everything about them was proprietary, and getting support for them was essentially impossible, and they hardly supported the firmware of the unit either. I personally don't think it would be worth your time to try and sell it, but I could be wrong. These things didn't take off for a reason. They were basically a conceptual Android headunit that came out too soon and without the support it needed, and at the time Pioneer was doing it better with their Appradio. It'll look great in a box in your basement.
Old 02-12-2019, 02:47 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha, okay that is what I had feared. I figured there was a reason I couldn't find any on Ebay.

Thanks for the help.