S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Puffo Intake Results

Old 08-17-2014, 04:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

I liked the Puffo when I tested it, and I've always hated the FIPK. However, I really don't like the "science" behind this test.

Temperature isn't as much of a factor as barometric pressure, humidity, and wind speed / direction.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Gernby
I liked the Puffo when I tested it, and I've always hated the FIPK. However, I really don't like the "science" behind this test.

Temperature isn't as much of a factor as barometric pressure, humidity, and wind speed / direction.
Hahaha yeah I agree my test was not very scientific. I'll see if I can do a back to back test at the track next time I go out and try to measure ambient temperature and top speeds. I read your post where you tested it last night and it all makes sense now. What is your take on the science of this intake? Do you think the gains are due to the location or does the lenth/shape have to do with it?
Old 08-18-2014, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gernby

And for you what's the best intake on the market? Maybe there is one which is better on mid range and top end ... Do you test your ontake yet or not?
Old 12-18-2014, 07:10 AM
HDA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thanasis11
Originally Posted by Gernby' timestamp='1408320808' post='23290800

Hahaha yeah I agree my test was not very scientific. I'll see if I can do a back to back test at the track next time I go out and try to measure ambient temperature and top speeds. I read your post where you tested it last night and it all makes sense now. What is your take on the science of this intake? Do you think the gains are due to the location or does the lenth/shape have to do with it?
Thanasis, if you are coming to the track this weekend we will try to add some more science to your reviews! And we can test the carbon fiber version although the gains are the same as your fiberglass version.