S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Quik-Latch Hood Pins

Old 06-13-2016, 08:22 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Quik-Latch Hood Pins

After going through several forums, YouTube videos and reading a bunch of testimonials on CF hoods with and without hood pins, I decided to air on the side of caution. Thing is, to my subjection, most of the hood pins offerings were not to my liking. I recently came across the Quik-Latch mini-hood pins, from Quik-Latch. I like these. They're very subtle, small footprint, easy operation and very strong.

I decided to buy the Mini-Latches. For the S2000, you will need to buy the extended, 4" pins to reach from the core support holes. The installation just requires setting up the pins on the pre-drilled holes on our OEM core support. The hole on the hood, if I remember is 3/4". The challenge is positioning the pins just right so you get minimal resistance when pushing the buttons down to release the lock. The set cost me under $100. They're rated at holding up to 150lbs per latch.

For use, you first release the OEM latch. You then press the buttons down on the quik-latches. To secure, just close the hood as you would normaly do. The latches lock automatically.

I highly recommend these for anyone looking for a subtle but strong and proven solution. Great great customer service, as well.

http://www.quik-latch.com/

Quik Latch Mini Kit - Strength Test