S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Recaro Pole Position with PCI Slider Mount Review

Old 05-11-2018, 08:01 AM

Received 95 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by arsenal
Oh, I assumed from your responses you had tried them??

The Recaro rails were slightly finicky to get locked in - they would lock then need another push or pull to fully seat. Even when fully seated I could fee the slight play in the sliders. The seat mounts definitely flex more with the Recaro's and the installation is a pain compared to the PCI's.

After having both, no question I would go with the PCI mounts
You’ve been reading into my responses too much, especially in defense of PCI. I’ve never said anything bad about them so far. Only that the rail options aren’t very good for PP (which I’ve already explained in my previous post has nothing to do with my perception of PCI’s quality) and that I think Recaro Japan rails are high quality.

I've never experienced all the issues you’ve had with Recaro Japan rails. They were always heavy duty and super solid in my experience. I’ve always liked the "3D" stamped Recaro Japan side mounts too, which seems like a great way to add lateral stiffness that other companies don’t use because of cost.

But if you want my opinion on PCI, the only opinion I've been able to form so far about their mounts is that the OP here had to widen a hole to get them to fit---which doesn't speak to very high quality—especially for a 1 pc laser/water cut (whatever) bracket. It should fit spot on unless the OP’s floor board has been tweaked.

Anyway, to my original point, there are a very wide variety of seat rails for narrow seats. For example, I’ve been very happy with the wide array of Bride seat rails I’ve used as well—and I’ve used many different types, RO, LR, IG, and more.
Old 05-11-2018, 09:22 AM

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
I’ve never said anything bad about them so far. Only that the rail options aren’t very good for PP.
Well I'm not sure how else to read this other than the options available aren't very good. Unless you're stating that the number of options available for the PP isn't very good.

Not trying to defend PCI or bash Recaro, I am just providing some counter feedback after having direct experience with both set up's
Old 05-11-2018, 09:10 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris_Lum
You’ve been reading into my responses too much, especially in defense of PCI. I’ve never said anything bad about them so far. Only that the rail options aren’t very good for PP (which I’ve already explained in my previous post has nothing to do with my perception of PCI’s quality) and that I think Recaro Japan rails are high quality.

I've never experienced all the issues you’ve had with Recaro Japan rails. They were always heavy duty and super solid in my experience. I’ve always liked the "3D" stamped Recaro Japan side mounts too, which seems like a great way to add lateral stiffness that other companies don’t use because of cost.

But if you want my opinion on PCI, the only opinion I've been able to form so far about their mounts is that the OP here had to widen a hole to get them to fit---which doesn't speak to very high quality—especially for a 1 pc laser/water cut (whatever) bracket. It should fit spot on unless the OP’s floor board has been tweaked.

Anyway, to my original point, there are a very wide variety of seat rails for narrow seats. For example, I’ve been very happy with the wide array of Bride seat rails I’ve used as well—and I’ve used many different types, RO, LR, IG, and more.
The reason he had to make one of the holes a pinch wider is because the seat was not installed properly. If you watch his you tube video he pushed the right side of the seat all the way towards the tunnel, when you place it like that it causes the seat belt buckle mounting point,seat belt buckle and seat to rub on the inner tunnel and not allow the base to sit flat. I already reached out to him and mentioned the seat needs to be pushed all the way towards the driver side door for perfect fitment. We addressed this issue by notching some material on outer portion of the base around the lower seat belt mounting location to the car. I can provide pictures of how the seat is supposed to look and fit with ZERO modification. The next batch should be done soon. Initially only 10 bases where made to our spec to do some testing, little did we know these would work out as well as they did and sell out so fast. We tested about 3 different bases prior to this one with tweaks made every time until we came up with this. If you guys have any other questions regarding this seat rail feel free to PM or email us Roguemotorsportsap@yahoo.com. We will make an announcement once the next batch arrives
Old 05-14-2018, 03:44 PM

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

There are PCI Slider Seat Mounts and PCI Universal Sliders - which ones are you referring to?
Old 05-15-2018, 05:37 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

The build quality on the PCI Mounts are truly a top notch product and is the best solution for mounting the Recaro Pole Position into the S2000. There is quite a bit of adjustment for the seat, which led to user error in my case.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:21 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I have Recaro PPs in both the driver and passenger in my my Ap2 with the PCI/Ballade Sports rails/sliders and have no complaints. The PCI mounts feel just as solid as the Recaro mounts that I could't use and the seats sit considerably lower than the previous OEM plus the sliders operate just fine when adjusting positions.

I sat in RSG's, Bride Stradia's, Bride Vios IIIs, Mugen Ms-z/Ms-r, buddy club P1, etc. Basically, a lot of damn aftermarket seats. IMO, the PP's are without a doubt the most comfortable and resemble OEM quality. (I have the blk leather/alcantara). FYI, I only have 33" waist, so its not like I didn't fit in the others but I'm too old to be struggling to get in and out of my weekend car. Lastly, wifey has a big butt.
Old 06-05-2018, 03:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lex
I have Recaro PPs in both the driver and passenger in my my Ap2 with the PCI/Ballade Sports rails/sliders and have no complaints. The PCI mounts feel just as solid as the Recaro mounts that I could't use and the seats sit considerably lower than the previous OEM plus the sliders operate just fine when adjusting positions.

I sat in RSG's, Bride Stradia's, Bride Vios IIIs, Mugen Ms-z/Ms-r, buddy club P1, etc. Basically, a lot of damn aftermarket seats. IMO, the PP's are without a doubt the most comfortable and resemble OEM quality. (I have the blk leather/alcantara). FYI, I only have 33" waist, so its not like I didn't fit in the others but I'm too old to be struggling to get in and out of my weekend car. Lastly, wifey has a big butt.
picture of wifes butt... plz
Old 06-05-2018, 05:45 PM

Received 96 Likes on 71 Posts

Glad the setup is working well! The PCI mounts are definitely the only mounts I would recommend no matter what seat is being used. It doesn't matter what bucket seat you are using, mounting the OEM receptacle to the side of the mount somewhere (Recaro Japan, and basically every other mount for the S2000) so you have to pull the seat belt down over the top edge of the seat is just not the proper way to use a seat belt in a bucket seat. PCI is the only company offering a logical mounting point for a lap belt (and harness lap belts and sub-belt mounts if you are using it for the track). Not to mention they also offer non-sliding options to save even more weight and make mounting harnesses even easier with proper sub-belt mounting points on the baseplate. Not to mention PCI has redesigned multiple times to even better accommodate more types of seats, making multiple variations of their base plate and multiple options for side mounts depending on the seat being used. All the other seat mounting options can get ****in-rekt as far as I am concerned.

The RSG is an awesome seat but it doesn't really offer much over the Pole Position in terms of how the seat holds you in, it's shape is essentially just a much narrower Pole Position, which is great if you are smaller and fit into it well. The RSG also has higher shoulder harness holes which is nice, but for anyone over 6 foot tall with somewhat wider hips it is definitely a very tight fit. The Spoon seats are actually wider than the RSG, got a chance to sit in them back to back and the Spoon kevlar seat is sort of an in-between of the pole position and RSG. Seat is a really personal preference, definitely not a particular seat that is just better than another.
Old 06-05-2018, 06:07 PM
Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by tbkonwso
picture of wifes butt... plz

-Hey folks we have these seat rails back in stock! Also Andrew is 1,000% correct! This is one of the best rails out there, also they offer slim side mounts for narrow seats such as Bride seats and other narrow Japanese Recaros
Old 06-14-2018, 05:48 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Do the PCI mounts also fit MY2006 +S2K's?

Quick Reply: Recaro Pole Position with PCI Slider Mount Review