S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Red Badges

Old 02-25-2019, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn’t look like a huge difference, do you have one on the front as well ?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:01 PM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

Originally Posted by Ap2Justin
Doesn’t look like a huge difference, do you have one on the front as well ?
Yes.

I got them from hardtopguy.com

75700-S2A-000ZE - red front

75701-S2A-000ZE - rear front

If you get them through Amayama they'll be roughly $96 shipped and take a while coming from Japan, probably $10-15 more from HTG but you'll get them much faster. Here's the comparison with the NSX badge that I opted not to use. Admittedly, it fit like crap....I don't know what people are talking about when they say these fit our cars....Maybe the front, but the rear profile is way off.

Last edited by Kyle; 02-25-2019 at 10:04 PM.
Old 02-25-2019, 10:07 PM

There's the comparison. The pics uploaded all out of order but didn't even show up to let me drag the order around before I posted, so I just let it fly. One of the pics compares the red fill badge to the NSX badge that people use. The red fill is on the bottom. The other pics show the horrible gaps where the badge doesn't lay flat. Last pic shows what it would look like and the sizing.

Here's the red fill badge, which was made for the car; obviously it fits proper. I really wanted to use the NSX badges as I have the red emblem DC5R momo steering wheel so they'd all match, but I just was not happy with the fit.

It still looks like there's a gap, but I can assure you the fit is much better in comparison to the NSX badges. The "gap" is actually just the adhesive backing pad not allowing the badge to sit completely flush, but it looks great on there. The gaps on the NSX badge was legitimately the badge not being able to even make contact in those areas.

My advice: Go with the color fill badges; they were made for the car and fit properly, and they also have the guide pins so you can't screw up and install them crooked like most JDM badge installs where the badges either don't have the pins or you need to cut them off. Something about that is kinda hack to me....cutting the guide pins off and essentially covering up holes with a badge, kinda ghetto.

Last edited by Kyle; 02-25-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Old 02-26-2019, 05:57 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Yeah, the color filled badges are the 00-01 sized badges as those were the cars they were intended for. It's really the only option if you want a color filled S2000 specific badge. You'll also notice the color in the badges is a much brighter red for the S2000 specific badges because it's NFR and not the "Type R" red that is used in the others.

I have the NFR JDM badges on my car, and I prefer the smaller badge to the larger 02+ emblems.
The following users liked this post:
JamesD89 (02-26-2019)
Old 02-27-2019, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by Feezy
Yeah, the color filled badges are the 00-01 sized badges as those were the cars they were intended for. It's really the only option if you want a color filled S2000 specific badge. You'll also notice the color in the badges is a much brighter red for the S2000 specific badges because it's NFR and not the "Type R" red that is used in the others.

I have the NFR JDM badges on my car, and I prefer the smaller badge to the larger 02+ emblems.
Agreed. Given that the s2k is kinda special and bespoke in its own right it makes sense that it has its own badges as well. Plus given it's a tiny car the smaller badges really do go well with it, but at this point this is drawing straws because all of the details are miniscule at best, but at the same time it's the small details that matter, right? After having compared them side to side I'm happy I went with the color fills, the fitment was better, and their smaller profile and more vibrant appearance compliment the car well, plus, as someone noted, they don't look quite as cheap. Regardless, I'm a fan of the JDM badges on Hondas, they look nice, especially on neutral colored cars.
Old 01-08-2021, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Red badges

Originally Posted by Kyle
The only reason I didn't mention the color fill badges is because he mentioned that he wants them to match the size of the AP2 emblem; that's not gonna happen. When I installed the red color fill ones on my car I had put tape around the original emblem first because I was going to use an NSX-R badge which doesn't have alignment tabs on it. I instead opted for the color fill badge. You can see the size difference; the original badge on my car went to the inner edges of the tape.

Heyy Kyle, are these the emblems your talking about ? If so do they fit flat against the surface and is the red brighter than the nsx ones you had that didn’t fit snug ?