S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 Milltek Exhaust

Old 10-19-2015, 10:44 AM

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

IT does, hard to show it, but the tips are pretty obviously not oem in that they are more obvious and shiny from all angles...and they fill the oval hole very much. I love the sound, it's intoxicating!
Old 10-19-2015, 01:11 PM
Site Moderator

Received 345 Likes on 300 Posts

Looks really nice. Only thing I would have don't to make it extra OEM looking is paint the mufflers but thats a tiny gripe.
Old 10-19-2015, 01:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You can still get this exhaust from Mann Engineering in CA so need to import it.

Milltek exhaust 3rd gear pull TTS rotrex 38-91

http://youtu.be/YSZMMFdet2c

Normal Driving. Car is quiet with no drone or rasp. One of the best exhausts I have owned.

http://youtu.be/XQOeGMAMVRI

I have this exhaust mated to a 70mm test pipe and TTS Rotrex 38-91 blower. There is very little to no drone. I have had my fair share of exhausts and besides my PTuning exhaust with a turbo this is by far the best exhaust for sound, drone and fitment I have had. The exhaust with the supplied tips looks like oem. Yes it's not exactly cheap for duals but quality never is. The euphoria of my exhaust was cheaper soon wears off when your head pounds with a drone headache. You can hold a conversation at 75 mph. You don't have to modulate sound with your right foot so you can think straight. Car sounds great at WOT. Car made 510whp and 318torque on dyno jet running E85 at 16psi AP2
Old 10-19-2015, 02:03 PM

Dammit, really? See, and I went around in circles trying to find a local source and cost and more and more videos of it before pulling the trigger and never stumbled on that specifically (although I did notice teh MANN engineering plate on the youtube vids).

Anyway, exactly what you just said is spot on...even NA, I agree with you 100 percent and I'm VERY picky about exhaust sounds...I had the Q300 on my last S2000 and "you get what you pay for" is right. Didn't sound bad, but I'm not young anymore and I realize now that just because it's louder, it doesn't mean it sounds better. This one gives me a chill...I'm excited to drive the damn thing.

About the mufflers...I was actually hoping it would subtly look NON oem when you looked closely so that people that know the car would realize it had an exhaust. I planned to polish out the muffler ends to make them bling more...but decided I'd install it in it's normal state for my initial review. I also normally wrap my exhausts with header wrap...I feel like it creates a little noise buffer and gives it a less chance of resonance...but didn't this go, I wanted something to compare it to.

I technically can go back to oem cat or test pipe too since I own all 3. but i'll leave well enough alone, it sounds fantastic.

OMG YES, what you said about saving money...it's all about a good deal during the hunt but I NEVER look back at how much I saved when it comes time to think about how much I'm enjoying something!
Old 10-19-2015, 02:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow. I didn't know that our car could sound that good. I currently have a berk 3" single, but it drones a little and is still slightly higher pitched than I want. How much are these Millteks? Im probably going to regret asking since I probably cant afford it after buying a hardtop, but that sound was heavenly haha. And do they still have it in the single as well?
Old 10-19-2015, 02:14 PM

Well, if you order from overseas with exchange rate / paypal and the $39 import fee...you're looking at about $1350...
BUT, if MANN has them in stock here, it might be cheaper, I'm really not sure.

I agree, man...I am glad the video gets the gist of the sound across. I really was frustrated with the lack of pictures/videos to showcase this exhaust when I made the purchase so I vowed to share share share if I loved it.
Old 10-19-2015, 02:25 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rockstar143
Well, if you order from overseas with exchange rate / paypal and the $39 import fee...you're looking at about $1350... BUT, if MANN has them in stock here, it might be cheaper, I'm really not sure. I agree, man...I am glad the video gets the gist of the sound across. I really was frustrated with the lack of pictures/videos to showcase this exhaust when I made the purchase so I vowed to share share share if I loved it.
You got a better deal than I did for the dual. That was single exhaust price at Mann
Old 10-19-2015, 04:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a beautiful exhaust. DO WANT.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:04 AM

Why thank you fellas...

the drive into work today was absolutely awesome. Even my co-worker that I saw on the way in (buzzed him, ricer fly-by style) said "that little car sounds mean as heck, awesome sound". And he had no idea I just got an exhaust.

442, you just made me feel better about my purchase, man. I guess in a way I shouldn't quote their pricing, but I don't see a problem with sharing what to expect to pay.
Old 10-20-2015, 05:08 AM

Thanks fellas...
funny, this morning I did a ricer fly by one of my co-workers that was driving in...unsolicited he told me "wow, that little car sounds MEAN and awesome" when we got to the office. He's an older guy too...

442, that actually makes me feel a little better about the pricing. I literally had 2 weeks to have buyer's remorse (didn't help that the wife wasn't thrilled about this purchase)...I guess going almost to the source cut out a little of the financial padding? Cheers.

Quick Reply: S2000 Milltek Exhaust