S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

S2000 turbo+Em's review

Old 01-10-2019, 11:18 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default S2000 turbo+Em's review

I have officially put on my turbo kit. It's the basic of the basic, greddy turbo kit for my 2005 S2000.

Build
Greddy turbo kit
rc750 injectors
320 lph fuel pump
Aem Em's v2.
Stock exhausexhaut
cat
stock compression 11.1
Head is built

This was my first run with a turbo application vehicle, I've never experienced a turbo and have never put one on. I have also never tuned other then changing a few things on my motoebike (Very basic stuff).

Putting the kit on was a tad bit of a pain, intercooler went on smoothly. Turbo and manifold was a pain to put on, once you put on all the piping, you can't get to a few bolts on the exhaust manifold, you need a really thin wrench, or grind one thin.
I never used the emanage ultimate, I will put it on when I need it for emissions.
the fuel pump was a pain in the butt, had to rewire it for bigger amperage. Had to cut a few wires on the carrier itself to do so. Was not fun and I would hate to do it again

tuning wise this was my first car I've ever tuned, I used a basetune from aem, and from there on, I tuned idle , and driving afr, then I tuned engine startup, and last but not least I tuned the timing, I run in high 11's A/F during high boost, and low 12 a/f under low boost
max boost goes to 10psi.
Timing is set to to an average of -1 degree per lb of boost, ending at about 16°
Car itself pulls very strong , it hits max boost at around 5000, pulls very strong till redline.
People have said that the top end falls off with the greddy, but in my case, the car pulls the entire time,

I was very disappointed in the beginning of driving the turbo s2k it really changed what the car is about, which is what I loved so much about the car. I believe a supercharger would of been a better pick to feel what the s2k is about.
the s2000 is much much faster with the turbo, each gear in a pull pulls a good amount,

It didn't make me burst out in laughter but it made me a giggle a bit if that's a good guage to what it feels like

I will come back and add my opinions of this kit with a test pipe, and give a genuine answer to the feel of it at least if there is a difference with stock cat carrier test pipe

I will in the future rent a Dyno, to get data to fine tune it. I chose not to use a tuner as tuning has been something I've always drooled over in doing, and id never learn if I handed my keys over to someone else. I've found most people do not want to give helpful hints and information for tuning, so I was on my own.

Always every tuner I've talked to has told me I'd blow it up, which was interesting, it's not rocket science, it's in essence can all be calculated for static variables, and add an error rate for dynamic. It's just understanding theory as well.

I learned from reading a couple of books which talk about theory , and a few calculations, I've also used the internet for when I could, but a specific answer was never really there, as it seems tuners are some extremely secretive folks.

​​​​​​
Opinion with test pipe
Old 01-13-2019, 11:50 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

This is the most common turbo kit on the forums. Time to really log and compare it. If you record a incar video and datalog a run I can enter it on aemdata for you and get you a video overlay like this:

It really helps visualize how each kit performs.