S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Should She Wear a Bra?

Old 06-12-2012, 11:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnIam
I have a clear bra and you can even tell its there unless you get super close to it. Also i keep it waxed and polished just like the rest of the car. It would take many years of sun exposure for the bra to yellow and or scratch. Respray your front and then clear bra it. Youll be glad you did!

Heres a quick pic of my car with a clear bra installed. Try and spot it.
Great pic, i can't tell at all. How long have you had it on? is there a specific bra you used? How much did it set you back?
Old 06-12-2012, 11:50 AM

id imagine that the real jeremy clarkson would like it braless
Old 06-12-2012, 12:31 PM

Xpel has the best clear bra right now interms of no yellowing or clarity. The 3m venture shield is also really good. I track the car so I had mine done, zero issues and also just had my 335i done as well. It doesn't protect every square inch but I am pleased with them.

Here is the CR and 335i, I have extend bra on CR with mirrors, and extended bra, mirrors, and A pillars and front roof on my bmw.
Hope it helps your decision.

Old 06-12-2012, 02:23 PM

Great pic, i can't tell at all. How long have you had it on? is there a specific bra you used? How much did it set you back?
Mine has only been on about a month now. I ordered from invisiblemask.com, spent $260 on the kit and paid a buddy of mine that owns a tint shop $80 bucks to install it.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:03 PM

3M bought ventureshield, so now they make both xpel and venture. From past experience xpel looks way better in the long run but is harder to apply. venture conforms better to curvy bumper surfaces but sometimes gets a hazy look after a while.

I've had clear bra on all my cars for the last 12 years and couldn't be more satisfied.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Victoria's Secret bras are very nice.
But seriously speaking, 3M clear bra is your best bet.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:50 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

That clear bra really looks good, if I put a lot of highway miles on I'd consider it. I have a few small nicks and chips but I just shrug it off as patina on an 8 year old car. It ain't no show car but I enjoy every mile I drive.
Old 06-13-2012, 04:36 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
I am trying to figure out if it is worth having the front repainted and putting a clear bra on the front.
Worth is always a subjective matter, regardless of topic. If it was universally worth it then we'd all have clear bras. Clearly, that's not the case. They can be difficult to remove. Some don't care for the appearance. They don't prevent larger rock chips. It's really up to you to make the call. Does no one in your area have one? Check your regional subforum. Don't rely just on photos unless you're only going to look at your S in photos.

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Ok so it seem's like a Bra is not the way to go, does anybody have any suggestions as to how to reduce the amount of rock chips you get besides avoiding unpaved roads?
Nope. Other than backing off.

Originally Posted by Moddiction
Clear bra's are the way to go! Don't know why people are saying they are ugly.
Because subjective. Never assume that your preference is universal on anything.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:53 PM

Received 45 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by MeganFoxAP1
The Victoria's Secret bras are very nice.
But seriously speaking, 3M clear bra is your best bet.
Victoria's Secret clear bras are even better
Old 06-14-2012, 07:10 AM

Like others said get a clear bra & try not to follow other cars too close & you'll be good.

Quick Reply: Should She Wear a Bra?