S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Should She Wear a Bra?

Old 06-14-2012, 10:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shawnIam

Great pic, i can't tell at all. How long have you had it on? is there a specific bra you used? How much did it set you back?
Mine has only been on about a month now. I ordered from invisiblemask.com, spent $260 on the kit and paid a buddy of mine that owns a tint shop $80 bucks to install it.

Thanks, i will look into getting one put on. I appreciate the your advice and all of the additional pics.
Old 06-14-2012, 03:37 PM

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

how bout just spray some clear plasti dip? next long trip i do im goin that way
Old 06-21-2012, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by sdosmil77
What's that?
Old 06-21-2012, 09:05 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by sdosmil77
ohh thats nice...never thought of that!
Old 06-23-2012, 09:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the best mods I've had done.
I HATE chips and deterioration due to bug guts and other road crap. The 3M clear bra will control these problems like nothing else. It's been on mine for almost 10 years and the front end still looks brand new (she's not a daily driver though). The only visable lines of a correctly installed bra is wax build up at the edges. Any new car I buy in the future will have protection like this installed immediately.
Old 06-24-2012, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson
Ok so it seem's like a Bra is not the way to go, does anybody have any suggestions as to how to reduce the amount of rock chips you get besides avoiding unpaved roads?
dont drive so close behind the other cars, if you hear them hitting your windshield your to close easy peasy
Old 06-27-2012, 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenwerk
One of the best mods I've had done.
I HATE chips and deterioration due to bug guts and other road crap. The 3M clear bra will control these problems like nothing else. It's been on mine for almost 10 years and the front end still looks brand new (she's not a daily driver though). The only visable lines of a correctly installed bra is wax build up at the edges. Any new car I buy in the future will have protection like this installed immediately.
Is there any way to clear up the wax build up? Over the years does the bra become foggy?
Old 06-27-2012, 11:35 AM

3m warranties the film for 5 years and then it is on you, xpel now does 10 years. Wax build up won't occur if you use the right waxes on it.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The "wax buildup" isn't actually that bad. It just turns the edge of the film slightly opaque. Paying particular attention to buffing protectant off the edge is usually sufficient to erase almost all signs of demarcation. It's most noticable on a black finish. It will show on most colors only if you're real close and looking for it. Three feet away and it's all but non-existent. On a white or silver finish it's simply not visable. There's all types of chemicals out there to remove protectants but the edge of the paint next to the film is then compromised. Know that you can apply protectants to the bra without harming it in any way - it's every bit as durable as the clearcoat on the paint. It's been almost 10 years since I've done any research on the clear bras but I do remember that there were 2 major manufacturers and 3M was the preferred choice among most buyers. Some people claim cheaper products has a tendency to turn "yellow" over an extended period of years when constantly exposed to strong sunlight (never saw that myself). I also remember someone later producing a spray-on version (like a thick clearcoat) that caught my attention but I didn't check it out because mine was already covered.
Old 10-09-2012, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by Ravenwerk
The "wax buildup" isn't actually that bad. It just turns the edge of the film slightly opaque. Paying particular attention to buffing protectant off the edge is usually sufficient to erase almost all signs of demarcation. It's most noticable on a black finish. It will show on most colors only if you're real close and looking for it. Three feet away and it's all but non-existent. On a white or silver finish it's simply not visable. There's all types of chemicals out there to remove protectants but the edge of the paint next to the film is then compromised. Know that you can apply protectants to the bra without harming it in any way - it's every bit as durable as the clearcoat on the paint. It's been almost 10 years since I've done any research on the clear bras but I do remember that there were 2 major manufacturers and 3M was the preferred choice among most buyers. Some people claim cheaper products has a tendency to turn "yellow" over an extended period of years when constantly exposed to strong sunlight (never saw that myself). I also remember someone later producing a spray-on version (like a thick clearcoat) that caught my attention but I didn't check it out because mine was already covered.

Thats for the reply. There is a lot of useful information here. Now I just have to find someone in my area that can install it.

Quick Reply: Should She Wear a Bra?