S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Skunk2 K series intake manifold on F series

Old 03-27-2016, 07:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skunk2 K series intake manifold on F series

Looky what I stumbled across.

Looks like this Bong Hilario had H3 Autoworks build an S2K, and from the pics, it sure looks like thats a Skunk2 K series ultra race intake installed on an F20/F22.

Skunk2 claims they've got an ultra race coming out "soon".

However, from the info/pics skunk2 has on their website, I'm afraid the 'ultra race' runners are just way to big and way way too short for a street engine. The skunk2 ultra series street however looks absolutely perfect, but its only for a K series.

I'm wondering how feasible it would be to buy a skunk2 ultra series street intake, cut off the flange off a regular S2K intake and have a welding shop weld the skunk2 onto a S2K flange?

It sure looks like thats what H3 Autoworks did, except they did it with a ultra race instead of an ultra street.

Oh, and BTW, I've been playing around doing some computational fluid dynamics analysis of the stock S2K intake (I took a bunch of measurements off it), and comparing it to a skunk2 ( I don't have a skunk2 intake, so I had to guess on all the measurements based off pics), and based off this, the skunk2 ultra street seems just about perfect for the 4000-8000 rpm range, I played around with a bunch of variations of their design, and I can't improve on it. And the skunk2 ultra street seems to flow a lot better, more uniform and has better resonance than the factory s2K intake.

I've also created models of Skunk2's ultra race intake, and again, based entirely on specs that I guessed from pics, the model shows that you actually loose power below about 8000 on a N/A 2.2 liter with stock internals relative to the factory intake. I think the ultra race is just too big for a street engine.

I've got access to a mill and a lathe, but I don't have any access to a TIG, so I'd definitely need a shop to do the welding, plus, I suck at welding anyway.

So, I'm definitely toying with this idea of fitting a skunk2 ultra street onto an S2K.

http://custompinoyrides.com/2013/08/...-h3-autoworks/