S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

T1R 70R-EM Sparrow Dual Exhaust?

Old 09-28-2016, 11:34 AM

Received 1,247 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by joephotographer
I'll let you know Monday, after I drive it home (new purchase), as mine has the test pipe setup. We'll see how I like it driving from Toronto to Cincinnati.

That's not a long drive. But buy earplugs.

The drone is incredibly loud and will wear on you.

Its fine at cruise. But once you touch the gas to accelerate up a small hill at 70-80mph, pffffff....ffffuuggedaboudit. Same with passing...or getting the car up to speed.

I've had the dual and now have the single. Anyone saying close to 0 drone, my reply is "LOL LOL LOL". They probably won't hear me though.
Old 09-28-2016, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by slaberdy
very loud? this has to be the most quietest 70mm dual available.. sounds great cruising and throaty at WOT. price is a lil high but worth the money

Ok. If I told you that I had the quietest jet engine in the world...would you still describe it as "loud"?

With the stock cat, the 70R EM is droney....and then tapers off at WOT. Or the engine eventually out decibel's it. The rise in noise is NOT directly proportional to throttle position.

Without a cat, its maybe a bit less droney. But it is LOUD AF...and the sound and throttle position are linear. More gas pedal = more sound instantaneously.
Old 10-03-2016, 05:33 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Well... after the drive from Toronto to Detroit to Cincinnati, I HATE IT!!! For all the reasons you all love it, I can't stand it. Will go back to OEM.
Old 10-03-2016, 06:05 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

I had the dual with a stock cat a few years ago. Bought it for the promised "no drone." The drone was horrible. I had to wear ear plugs on the highway. I took it off at the end of the autocross season and was happy to get rid of it!
Old 06-18-2018, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sproket13
you guys forget to mention if you are running test pipes, high flow cats, or stock cat. HUGE difference for exhaust sound. I have a Q300 and TP and thinking about either installing a HF cat or just buying this exhaust..But i want to hear it with a test pipe!
Agreed, it seems like there's a mixed review on drone and noise level, I suspect it has to deal with the catalytic converter / tp / hfc.

Can the reviewers please mentioned if they are running a cat , test pipe, or high flow cat?

Thank you!

I have heard that even on a stock exhaust, running a test pipe eliminates the drone, which I can attest to, as I've ran a 63mm test pipe with my stock exhaust, and it did reduce the drone.
Old 05-03-2020, 08:17 AM

Default Can you share with me why you went from the dual to a single?

Originally Posted by B serious
That's not a long drive. But buy earplugs.

The drone is incredibly loud and will wear on you.

Its fine at cruise. But once you touch the gas to accelerate up a small hill at 70-80mph, pffffff....ffffuuggedaboudit. Same with passing...or getting the car up to speed.

I've had the dual and now have the single. Anyone saying close to 0 drone, my reply is "LOL LOL LOL". They probably won't hear me though.
Can you share with me why you went from the dual to a single? I decided on the t17th-em but deciding between the single or dual. Thank you!
Old 05-04-2020, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by Steve-2K
Can you share with me why you went from the dual to a single? I decided on the t17th-em but deciding between the single or dual. Thank you!

Looks, mostly. Sound secondarily. Weight tertiary..ily.

Originally, I purchased the dual mostly because it made a little more power than the single.

All that is BS mostly anyway, though. The power increase with either is fairly similar...and pretty minimal.

I am glad I made the change to a single exit. The single looks way better (IMO) and sounds more agressive.
Old 05-04-2020, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by B serious
Looks, mostly. Sound secondarily. Weight tertiary..ily.

Originally, I purchased the dual mostly because it made a little more power than the single.

All that is BS mostly anyway, though. The power increase with either is fairly similar...and pretty minimal.

I am glad I made the change to a single exit. The single looks way better (IMO) and sounds more agressive.
B Serious - Thank you! That makes sense. Honestly its my track car. Weight reduction would be nice, but the sound is mainly what I'm going for. Just need some noise haha, the OEM setup with a T pipe is still too quiet. Thanks again!
Old 05-05-2020, 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by Steve-2K
B Serious - Thank you! That makes sense. Honestly its my track car. Weight reduction would be nice, but the sound is mainly what I'm going for. Just need some noise haha, the OEM setup with a T pipe is still too quiet. Thanks again!

Np!

I get it man. Having some sound feedback helps me out a lot at the track in various ways.

The single exit T1R is slightly louder and more aggressive sounding than the dual.

I used a 70mm test pipe with either configuration.
Old 05-06-2020, 04:30 AM

Received 613 Likes on 420 Posts

I have the T1R-70EM single....and it's everything already said in this thread lol. Loud as hell and droney, but the drone isn't horrible by any stretch. Earplugs I wouldn't say are needed, but everyone has different levels of hearing sensitivity....I'm sure my hearing is shot at this point between all of the loud music and other stupid stuff I did when I was in my teens