S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Tamon Style Wing on eBay? Fitment? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/tamon-style-wing-ebay-fitment-1135505/)

phatmitzu 09-30-2015 05:13 PM

Tamon Style Wing on eBay? Fitment?

Hello All,

I searched but it seems that this replica unit and new on the market so there were no reviews yet?

I’m planning on getting this Tamon style wing from Ikon Motorsports on eBay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-09-Honda-...323850&vxp=mtr

I contacted them for additional photos and they mentioned that the fitment was excellent. The images on the ad looked decent.
Before I pulled the trigger I was wondering if there is anyone here who has purchased it?

Please don't bash about me considering an eBay spoiler. I just can't see myself forking out over 5 bills for a duckbill spoiler...

Thanks in advance.

Siggy650 09-30-2015 05:30 PM

In for results. I've wanted the tamon for a while but im not trying to drill holes in my trunk, and im certainly not down to 3m a $500 piece to my trunk.

8.5kallday 09-30-2015 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by phatmitzu (Post 23762683)
Hello All,I searched but it seems that this replica unit and new on the market so there were no reviews yet?I’m planning on getting this Tamon style wing from Ikon Motorsports on eBay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-09-Honda-...323850&vxp=mtr I contacted them for additional photos and they mentioned that the fitment was excellent. The images on the ad looked decent.Before I pulled the trigger I was wondering if there is anyone here who has purchased it?Please don't bash about me considering an eBay spoiler. I just can't see myself forking out over 5 bills for a duckbill spoiler...Thanks in advance.

This is the first tamon rep ive ever seen and it looks decent so give it a shot. I have an authentic CF myself for the past 4 years and love it. The only difference in fitment I see in the pics compared to mine is that it doesn't seem to go all the way to the side edges of the trunk while mine does.

Originally Posted by Siggy650 (Post 23762693)
In for results. I've wanted the tamon for a while but im not trying to drill holes in my trunk, and im certainly not down to 3m a $500 piece to my trunk.

Tamon spoilers don't have drill holes at all. I have an authentic one on my car for 4 years with the provided 3mm tape through snow,rain,tornadoes and more and it hasn't budged.. All that happened to mine is the Clear coat faded over time so I had the top half painted black to match my car and the bottom half clear coated with carbon exposed and looks fantastic..3mm double sided tape is no joke. Shit will not come off if you it correctly I know from my own experiences..

phatmitzu 09-30-2015 06:07 PM

Nice. Thanks 8.5kallday.
Then it should cover the stock holes? I have the stock AP1 spoiler on the car now.

Another question, with the Tamon duckbill on, will there still be room on the sides of trunk for the legs of high rise spoilers??

Siggy650 09-30-2015 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday (Post 23762705)

Originally Posted by phatmitzu' timestamp='1443661985' post='23762683
Hello All,I searched but it seems that this replica unit and new on the market so there were no reviews yet?I’m planning on getting this Tamon style wing from Ikon Motorsports on eBay.http://www.ebay.com/itm/00-09-Honda-...323850&vxp=mtr I contacted them for additional photos and they mentioned that the fitment was excellent. The images on the ad looked decent.Before I pulled the trigger I was wondering if there is anyone here who has purchased it?Please don't bash about me considering an eBay spoiler. I just can't see myself forking out over 5 bills for a duckbill spoiler...Thanks in advance.

This is the first tamon rep ive ever seen and it looks decent so give it a shot. I have an authentic CF myself for the past 4 years and love it. The only difference in fitment I see in the pics compared to mine is that it doesn't seem to go all the way to the side edges of the trunk while mine does.

Originally Posted by Siggy650 (Post 23762693)

Tamon spoilers don't have drill holes at all. I have an authentic one on my car for 4 years with the provided 3mm tape through snow,rain,tornadoes and more and it hasn't budged.. All that happened to mine is the Clear coat faded over time so I had the top half painted black to match my car and the bottom half clear coated with carbon exposed and looks fantastic..3mm double sided tape is no joke. Shit will not come off if you it correctly I know from my own experiences..

I was more worried about theft. But luck seems to be on your side

Capt. Midnight 09-30-2015 06:59 PM

In for resultzzz

LDfavoriteson 09-30-2015 10:23 PM

Not that somebody couldn't steal it but the tape is stronger than you think...

8.5kallday 10-01-2015 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by phatmitzu (Post 23762717)
Nice. Thanks 8.5kallday.
Then it should cover the stock holes? I have the stock AP1 spoiler on the car now.

Another question, with the Tamon duckbill on, will there still be room on the sides of trunk for the legs of high rise spoilers??

I truly don't know where the stock holes for the oem spoiler are exactly since I've never had a use to drill my trunk. I personally would plug them up due to moisture and water due to weather.

The tamon spoiler goes across the entire trunk so there isn't space left to mount brackets for wing unless you mount it in front of the spoiler.

A theif would have to carry a heat gun and sit there for at least an hour or more melting the tape and hopefully rip it off w out cracking the spoiler. Removing a big ass wing is easier than this spoiler trust me.

S2KHANG 10-01-2015 07:50 AM

I am also interested for the outcome of this replica. I'd like this lip spoiler along with a voltex type 2; so I wouldn't feel too bad cutting up this piece VS an authentic tamon (which I've seen few cars done)

phatmitzu 10-01-2015 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by 8.5kallday (Post 23763162)

Originally Posted by phatmitzu' timestamp='1443665278' post='23762717
Nice. Thanks 8.5kallday.

I truly don't know where the stock holes for the oem spoiler are exactly since I've never had a use to drill my trunk. I personally would plug them up due to moisture and water due to weather.

The tamon spoiler goes across the entire trunk so there isn't space left to mount brackets for wing unless you mount it in front of the spoiler.

A theif would have to carry a heat gun and sit there for at least an hour or more melting the tape and hopefully rip it off w out cracking the spoiler. Removing a big ass wing is easier than this spoiler trust me.

Thank you! If thats the case, Im just going to do the duckbill only. To mount the high wing brackets in anywhere but the near the edges of the trunk its just weird for me.

Well, I just found out that they are somewhat local to me (30 min drive). I'm gonna see if I can find time next week to do a test fit in person. Gonna try to remove the factory spoiler this weekend. *Searching for DIY instructions*