S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

The Truth About Forbidden-USA Products

Old 04-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just a great company overall
Old 04-10-2014, 02:02 PM

Should have bought mine from you guys. Not happy with competitor's product.
Old 04-10-2014, 04:37 PM
DxC

I bought a oem rep in carbon fiber from forbidden. It fit perfect, looked perfect was one of my favorite purchases for the car. Fast forward to the summer and for whatever reason the roof would warp as it warmed up. talked to Alberto about it, he scheduled a shipper to pick up the top from my house and sent me a brand new one at no cost to me. Dude is on top of it. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from Forbidden again. In fact I got tired of the OEM look and bought a mugen rep top from them. Great products, great customer service.

Also thank you for finally making this post. The strategy the other vendor has been using to just defame you guys has been getting under my skin for a while now.
Old 04-10-2014, 05:51 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've spent sometime at forbidden shop. Just a really cool group of people.
Old 04-10-2014, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by rosario717
Originally Posted by S2Krazy89' timestamp='1397167336' post='23107035
Should have bought mine from you guys. Not happy with competitor's product.
Did you install it right? That was my downfall with my ht..

If mine was installed by someone other than me then it would be perfect. Its all about the install my friend
Yup, or at least I thought that I did. Also had an upholsterer help me out with the seals because I didn't do it 100% right the first time (he also showed me a few tricks to forming the seals). We tried our best (The upholsterer, my friend, and I were speechless when we saw the hardware lol, we instantly knew that it was not meant to last). The competitor's hardware was not up to par with what I expected based on reviews from other members (window seals didn't last too long before it lost it's stickiness, was only able to tighten 2 bolts each side, top was damaged when arrived, not symmetrical each side, not to mention I waited forever because they were out of stock). Would never buy it again if I had to do it a second time, even if the price went down $1. The trouble was not worth it. So, now I have the most ghetto HT ever. I plan to fix all the flaws in the future, but if I had known I would've just stuck with my hazed out rear plastic window for a while longer (bought the version that require ST removed). Decided not to complain to them since I would need to get it shipped out and what not anyway, so I would rather put that money towards fixing the issues.

Wish the competitor see what I just said and send me a new top, but unlikely.
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I received awesome service from FORBIDDEN USA! I love my new hardtop and was highly impressed in the ease of installation. I made the mistake of ordering from DURAFLEX my first time around and will never use them again. Duraflex had horrible customer service and took weeks to resolve the issue where I had ordered a hardtop and received a rear bumper for a pontiac G6! They tried to keep my money and make me ship the product back without sending the correct part first. Even after providing them with photos and paperwork proving THEIR mistake. I had to go through my bank and file a fraud claim against them to get things right. After that headache I researched forbidden and spent a few extra dollars. I am glad I did. Forbidden providing me with fast shipping and even faster responses no matter what social network I contacted them on. Duraflex hardly ever answered their phones.
Old 04-17-2014, 12:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forbidden gets

Alberto was very polite and provides exceptional service! I had to have my top shipped to the body shop doing the install and he was able to get everything sorted out with minimal trouble for me since I wouldn't be on site for delivery/inspection. Unfortunately, there was some damage done during shipping, but he was quick to remedy the situation 100% to my liking. Alberto has delivered an awesome product, great service, and at great prices, too!

Name:  IMG_20140311_175632_677_zpskzo3cdpl.jpg
Views: 3870
Size:  125.9 KB
Old 04-17-2014, 05:48 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have noticed about Forbidden being the one not to bash on other competitors. And I am glad they don't.

I'm not here to call anyone out; so no names. But another competitor told me "It's a joke. Forbidden sucks." And "Youll see when it starts to fall apart."

Just bashing on forbidden made me not want to buy the competitor's products anymore.

I have a double sided carbon fiber mugen style from Forbidden. I love the top! I have posted my honest review on one of forbidden's mugen sale threads (near the end). Check it out if you're concerned with forbidden!

But keep it up Forbidden! Alberto was very easy to communicate with!
Old 04-23-2014, 11:46 AM

Getting a J's Diffuser installed tomorrow morning, excited after reading all the positive feedback

Will update my experience once it's finally on
Old 04-30-2014, 08:47 AM

BUMP for these guys right here

Recently got the J's Diffuser installed on my AP2 on my birthday from the Forbidden guys and man.. this might sound kinda corny but it was a truly an awesome experience! I felt like I was just kickin it with homies on a lazy afternoon while getting my car worked on, the customer service is top notch and second to none. I work in sales/customer service so I'm super picky about how I'm treated when paying good money to buy parts and installation. Overall, I couldn't have been more impressed. The diffuser itself fits like a glove, and they were even cool enough to install a TopOneMotors splitter that I recently purchased that I had trouble installing. TopOneMotors customer service has been non existent to begin with when I tried contacting them, the hardware they supplied did not work at all and when I tried contacting them they never responded yet they still advertise to me on their Instagram feed every other hour to buy their parts. Making a quick sell and not even taking the time to give you the run around once everything is paid for is not cool and I really appreciated the Forbidden guys willing to install something I didn't even purchase from them. They had one of the guys drive and go with me to the hardware store so I can get the proper hardware, lol that's going above and beyond I've been to a lot of different vendors but Forbidden has been the best and the most down to earth in my personal opinion. Shoutout to Bay, Eulises, Bee, Alberto and the rest of the guys at Forbidden. You'll definitely be seeing me again in the future

*Will post pictures soon

Quick Reply: The Truth About Forbidden-USA Products