S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Using side pipe of K&N intake for Nitrous Nozzle?

Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using side pipe of K&N intake for Nitrous Nozzle?

I was wondering if it's okay, to instead of cutting a hole in the K&N intake, just shave some piping off of the side smaller tube and insert the nozzle in there. and put a breather on the engine (where the hose used to come from). that way if in the future i decide to part my car i can always resell the intake. plus it looks much cleaner than cutting another hole. my only other concern would be if the NOS and Fuel accidentally go into the other tube... though they aren't directly across from each other and the nozzle spray would be pointed towards the throttle body, if that happens would it cause any damage?

Old 12-03-2011, 04:18 AM

I dont think it'll work too well. The reason you have to tap the main branch is to put the fuel and n2o stream directly into the air, the place you have the nozzle inserted into will block it. If you drill a hole in the intake, just get a plug and mention it to the buyer later.
Old 12-03-2011, 04:53 AM

I will shave that tube about halfway, so the nozzle will be clearly seen if you look inside the piping. Plus because of the tube it will hold the nozzle securely. So what's the point of drilling another hole? Also if I ever want to take the nozzle out I can always put that hose back on.
Old 12-03-2011, 07:23 AM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by project*stealth
I will shave that tube about halfway, so the nozzle will be clearly seen if you look inside the piping. Plus because of the tube it will hold the nozzle securely. So what's the point of drilling another hole? Also if I ever want to take the nozzle out I can always put that hose back on.

So assuming you shave the tube and have the nozzle pointing directly at the throttle body then the worst case scenario is that the nozzle comes loose from the tube and sprays fuel and NO2 all over your engine bay likely causing a fire. Another issue maybe that vibrations rotate the nozzle such that the fuel/NO2 mixture is not directly pointing at the throttle body which causes a pooling effect that leads to explosive results.

It all depends on how securely you think the nozzle will be jammed into the tube with no threads holding the nozzle in the right direction and in the right place.

Food for thought...
Old 12-03-2011, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
Originally Posted by project*stealth' timestamp='1322920422' post='21207086

So assuming you shave the tube and have the nozzle pointing directly at the throttle body then the worst case scenario is that the nozzle comes loose from the tube and sprays fuel and NO2 all over your engine bay likely causing a fire. Another issue maybe that vibrations rotate the nozzle such that the fuel/NO2 mixture is not directly pointing at the throttle body which causes a pooling effect that leads to explosive results.

It all depends on how securely you think the nozzle will be jammed into the tube with no threads holding the nozzle in the right direction and in the right place.

Food for thought...

i can add a steel clasp, just like what they use to hold down hoses... the one that has a screw on the side that you turn to tighten the clasp. I figured that putting the nozzle into a tube with a metal clasp on the outside versus a thin material like the side of the intake would be secured better. Am i wrong? should I just drill the hole in the intake?
Old 12-03-2011, 01:38 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by project*stealth
i can add a steel clasp, just like what they use to hold down hoses... the one that has a screw on the side that you turn to tighten the clasp. I figured that putting the nozzle into a tube with a metal clasp on the outside versus a thin material like the side of the intake would be secured better. Am i wrong? should I just drill the hole in the intake?

Well if you choose to drill a hole make sure you also thread the hole so the nozzle screws in and is secured that way. Most people don't clasp their nozzle to their intake they drill/thread a hole so the nozzle's threads are actually screwed in tight. You can always put a set screw in the hole when you sell the intake.