S2000 Modifications and Parts Discussions about aftermarket products and parts including reviews, information and opinion.

Valve cover venting

Old 01-20-2013, 10:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Valve cover venting

This is my first post so don`t beat me up too much. I have been reading about valve cover venting on this forum and was wondering what affects would it have if you ran your crankcase vent at the front of the valve cover with a T fitting and connected one end of the T to the PCV outlet at the rear of the valve cover, and finally the other end to the catch can. I understand that the crankcase vent is suppose to act like a fresh air inlet and the PCV valve is suppose to be the controlled outlet, but if you remove the PCV valve and add the set-up I described above would this work correctly to release the pressure in the valve cover, any adverse affects. (My question mark button on my keyboard did`t work)
The reason I ask is simply for the cleanliness of it with a single hose.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The crank case vent is supposed to vent pressure from blowby and such to the atmosphere (much better than recirculating it back into your intake... at least for the engine). If you're going to vent it, you're already going to be illegal in terms of emissions, so just cap the pcv valve and don't worry about a catch can. I have been running my vent for the past 3000 miles and just took off the breather to inspect for oil inside of it. Had 0.