S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Voltex overfenders install question (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/voltex-overfenders-install-question-1176557/)

eight 08-15-2017 12:36 PM

Voltex overfenders install question

So I recently installed voltex overfenders and had it done with double sided tape. Not too happy with how it sits because of how tight the fitment is, it tends to want to bulge itself out of place. Is there any other ways you guys have seen or maybe have done to better adhere the overfenders to the car?

If it helps, they are authentic and I'm really only having issues with 1 overfender, right rear.

IPB 08-16-2017 07:45 AM

I'm not sure what my body guy used on mine, but I know it wasn't the foam stuff that they come with. I'll try to look under there later to see if I can tell.

I think its odd that you're having an issue though, mine fit amazingly.

eight 08-16-2017 09:08 AM

Definitely was not happy with the fitment on the rears. They were a super tight fit and would bow out at the top. Everything else was great by them and fit like a glove.

I'm thinking of maybe putting some sort of sealant on it instead of just 3M double sided tape which is what I'm using now. Just not sure what kind of sealant to use for body.

Manga_Spawn 08-16-2017 01:16 PM

They are held on with a few screws and metal tabs aren't they? Kinda on the ends of the arch front and rear?

eight 08-16-2017 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn (Post 24339198)
They are held on with a few screws and metal tabs aren't they? Kinda on the ends of the arch front and rear?

Yea they are but there still needs to be some sort of sealant/adhesive that line the outside so it doesn't come loose.

Manga_Spawn 08-16-2017 05:04 PM

Right I know I was just wondering if for some reason yours didn't have those. I wonder if they aren't seated right because of the screws putting pressure on them? My ASM fenders have a little bit of a gap where the rivets caused the tape to come away a little bit. Haven't had the chance to deal with it and not really sure what to do for it.

IPB 08-17-2017 06:03 AM

Originally Posted by eight (Post 24339212)
Yea they are but there still needs to be some sort of sealant/adhesive that line the outside so it doesn't come loose.

Yup. It looks like my body guy used some sort of thin double sided adhesive tape on mine. They are perfect though, no bows or anything. Maybe your set was is defective?

eight 08-17-2017 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by Manga_Spawn (Post 24339542)
Right I know I was just wondering if for some reason yours didn't have those. I wonder if they aren't seated right because of the screws putting pressure on them? My ASM fenders have a little bit of a gap where the rivets caused the tape to come away a little bit. Haven't had the chance to deal with it and not really sure what to do for it.

That's exactly what's happening I think. Do you know what you're gonna do with your asm's? I'm thinking of stopping by home depot or lowe's tonight to see what type of sealant/adhesive is paint safe.