S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Will Fujitsubo Legalis R fit on my S2000? (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/will-fujitsubo-legalis-r-fit-my-s2000-1185183/)

rodneyyar 05-30-2018 01:19 PM

Will Fujitsubo Legalis R fit on my S2000?

Hi all,

I recently acquired a used Fujitsubo Legalis R catback for the s2000 and just got all the required gaskets for installation. I'm excited to do the installation this weekend, but while I was browsing the forums, I noticed that people said they had issues fitting the Legalis R on their AP2s? I currently have an 07 S2000 and wondering if I will run into issues, and if anyone has had experience doing an install on an 06+. Thanks in advance!

rodneyyar 05-30-2018 02:07 PM

Particularly wondering if I need to buy the AP1 specific hangers to set this up. I have the AP2 triangle hangers and the used catback came with two hangers that look like https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.s2k...7f1bc88e52.png

Manga_Spawn 05-30-2018 02:07 PM

I think there is one spot in the floor where it may touch a heat shield or something. You should be able to mess with the mounts or something to have it fit ok. The floor on 06+ is different and that causes the problem with some exhausts.

Chuck S 05-31-2018 08:12 AM

The Tanabe Medalion Touring dual exhaust on my car shows it fits "00-05." Mine is an '06 and it fits fine so it's likely your exhaust will too. Metal hangers can be reformed. AutoZone has rubber hangers in several sizes. Install loose, center the tip(s) and ensure nothing is rubbing underneath, tighten the bolts.

Removing the rear wheels helps a lot. Watch the couple year old Mighty Car Mods episode when they fit the (horrible) Invidia Q300 exhaust to their S2000. Easy job in half an hour.

Work back to front removing the OEM exhaust. Loosen all the bolts, support the mufflers, and start removing the rubber hangers at the exhaust tips. It's all one piece and if you drop it off the cat (or header) first the exhaust tips will hang up under the car. Cutting the rubber hangers was easier than putting the front back on the header. :)

Start soaking the cat nuts in PB Blaster "last month" ;) so you can get them off. Expect to need a rattle gun. I know you want to do this this weekend but I'd wait a week put a Berk 63.5mm high flow cat in the system at the same time. Drop the whole assembly from the manifold back this way. Those two spring bolts are easier to get off than the three nuts at the back of the cat.

You'll be surprised how heavy the OE exhaust is. Doubt you'll find a market for the exhaust but the tips have some demand. As does the OE cat if you decide to fit the high flow.

-- Chuck

808_runwarrior 05-31-2018 03:38 PM

I just got a used set of this same exhaust. I have an 08, so I’m anxious to see how your install goes.

noodels 05-31-2018 03:52 PM

Worst part about removal is the rear subframe cross member ,as it needs to be removed & the bolts were well rusted...

Manga_Spawn 05-31-2018 04:45 PM

Try the different hangers to see which gets it in the right spot and not rubbing on anything.

rodneyyar 05-31-2018 05:18 PM

Thanks everyone for all the help and tips! I will post how it goes after the install attempt this weekend!

rodneyyar 06-02-2018 09:56 PM

The install actually went very smoothly! We were in and out within 2 hours. Fitment turned out to be pretty close to exact, and the catback didn't end up hitting anything. Huge thanks for the suggestions to use PB blaster and remove the rear wheels, that made it much easier. We were able to remove bolts on the rear subframe cross member using a rattle gun, but definitely would be a PITA to remove manually. I ended up reusing three of the 2 hole hangers from my stock exhaust(towards the cat), and used the two Fujitsubo hangers that were included with the catback(closest to the rear of the car) instead of the stock triangle hangers. My friend who helped with the install has a before and after video on Youtube
. Thanks again everyone!

b_ron 06-03-2018 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by rodneyyar (Post 24470558)
The install actually went very smoothly! We were in and out within 2 hours. Fitment turned out to be pretty close to exact, and the catback didn't end up hitting anything. Huge thanks for the suggestions to use PB blaster and remove the rear wheels, that made it much easier. We were able to remove bolts on the rear subframe cross member using a rattle gun, but definitely would be a PITA to remove manually. I ended up reusing three of the 2 hole hangers from my stock exhaust(towards the cat), and used the two Fujitsubo hangers that were included with the catback(closest to the rear of the car) instead of the stock triangle hangers. My friend who helped with the install has a before and after video on Youtube here. Thanks again everyone!

Are you Zygrene or is that your friend? I've came across his stuff a while back.