S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Modifications and Parts (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/)
-   -   Your mods and opinions on them: (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-modifications-parts-193/your-mods-opinions-them-509459/)

CKit 07-21-2007 10:12 PM

CKit 07-21-2007 10:18 PM

LostMotion 07-21-2007 10:47 PM

New Honda MTF fluid is preferred by many to the GM Syncro.

The GM Syncro is better than the old MTF fluid however.

CKit 07-26-2007 09:18 AM

Bump for noobs.

gosixers215 07-26-2007 09:49 AM

Excellent thread and great reviews.:thumbup:

One thing I can share that I've learned from my time on this site is that the DIY's are phenomenal and so valuable. I went from not knowing much about how to do car maintenance to doing my own brake pads, changing cabin air filters, the glass top conversion on my '01, etc. My next "project" is probably going to be a do it myself oil change. Utilize the information here, because it can save you a lot of money and will help you garner a true appreciation of the car.

C U AT 9K 07-26-2007 10:32 AM

The search function works if you search WITHIN specific forums. For example, if you are looking for a berlina with a hardtop, first GO TO THE GALLERY, and then all the way at the bottom, search "berlina hardtop" or what have you, and you'll be set. The search at the top of the site is horrible, I know, but the ones in individual forums works great.

CKit 07-26-2007 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by gosixers215,Jul 26 2007, 09:49 AM
One thing I can share that I've learned from my time on this site is that the DIY's are phenomenal and so valuable. I went from not knowing much about how to do car maintenance to doing my own brake pads, changing cabin air filters, the glass top conversion on my '01, etc. My next "project" is probably going to be a do it myself oil change. Utilize the information here, because it can save you a lot of money and will help you garner a true appreciation of the car.

:iagree: x 100

This is one of the reasons why I kept the car. The wealth of resources from DIY kind of guys. You won't find a library like this on Ferrarichat, I'm guessing...

"How do you replace the clutch? With a credit card...."

The other day, I broke a sparkplug with the threads still in the head... thought I'd be out $1000 to pull the head....

Searched s2ki.com and found:
http://www.tool-rack.co.uk/catalogue/wstse1.jpg

For $8 at Home Depot. :eek3:

Five minutes later, the broken plug was extracted and life was good! :woot2: :woohoo:

It's fun to learn how to tinker on a car with readily available new and used parts.

:thumbup: to all the people on s2ki.com! Even the :monkey:s and :troll:s liven things up a bit.

Fuelrush 07-27-2007 01:26 AM

These are great mods to get newbs going. I give them all 5 stars and one $ because they are great and inexpensive.

External:
Ricks Smoked Side Markers ***** / $ Really cleans up the look of my berlina. I'm OK with the amber up front but the random looking amber sidemarker had to go. Also in clear for brighter colors.

S2k "Bumperplug" Set from bumperplugs.com ***** / $ Great and super simple mod. You just plug them in the keyholes and thats it. I was surprized at what a small and simple mod this is and how much it cleans up the look of the car.

Interior:
JPM Shift Boot ***** / $ Looks great. Much better than stock.
Modifry Glove Box Orginizer **** / $ Couldn't live without it.

Driver Aid:
Modifry Redline Shift Beeper ***** / $ I love this mod. Cost a little bit more than the ones listed above but it is a great must have mod. Keeps your eyes on the road, lets you know when someone is abusing your car, helps you keep from over reving, and not to mention the cool factor. Plus it has several other features.

Stock Fixes:
Modifry Convertible Top Fix ***** / $ Again a must have.

tekstar 07-27-2007 03:19 AM

Originally Posted by Fuelrush,Jul 27 2007, 02:26 AM
S2k "Bumperplug" Set from bumperplugs.com ***** / $ Great and super simple mod. You just plug them in the keyholes and thats it. I was surprized at what a small and simple mod this is and how much it cleans up the look of the car.

Just curious, but do you take these off when you wash your car? Within a month, the paint on one of my plugs literally fell off leaving me with a black plastic plug. bumperplugs.com was kind enough to send me out another set, but within due time the paint on all of mine have all fallen off. I gave up on this mod lol.

Some other must have mods..

Convex Mirrors ***** / $
I got mine from itg. Very cheap, and such a huge difference. I put these on a week after I got my car. Eliminated all my blind spots, and they are tinted a little blue to reduce glare.

Console Cover ***** / $
For us 00-01 owners, this cleans up the look of the interior.

Spoon Titanium Shift Knob ***** / $
Countersunk and lightweight, has made shifting so much more enjoyable for me. It is titanium and burnt blue on the top, everyone comments on how nice it looks.

NNY S2k 07-27-2007 04:10 AM

Nice job on the reviews.