S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Anyone running an Urge GT engine?

Old 01-30-2014, 11:04 PM
MB

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Anyone running an Urge GT engine?

Just interested how it's going?
Old 01-31-2014, 02:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm interested to hear from actual users as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL. Is it vaporware? Lots of development updates, but I'd be amazed to hear if an actual CUSTOMER has their hands on one yet.
Old 02-02-2014, 07:00 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think there is a FI user with one of their engines.
Old 02-02-2014, 08:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will can give some feedback in few months (i hope).

My engine is almost the same, i didnt bought them rods, the crank will not be worked buy Patrick and for now, the cams i have are the BC Stage 2, but i'm waiting for the release of their cams.

But the pistons, headwork, itbs, all the parts the give power, are the same, the diference will be the header because i dont know if i will need to modify it to fit the AE86 chassis and the tune (one of the most important stage of an engine).

I will try to do a copy of the oem header but with diferent measures to see the gains. The problem is i cant compare it to other header in the end =( but i can give a feedback about the cams, because in the future i will change them =)

PS: the quality of the ITBS are incredible, just awesome, really.
Old 02-04-2014, 05:53 PM
Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by grubinski
LOL. Is it vaporware? Lots of development updates, but I'd be amazed to hear if an actual CUSTOMER has their hands on one yet.
Ouch..

Well we finally finished up an NA motor that sat for months while we waited on cams. 350+ HP and still climbing at 9300RPM, 220+ TQ at the crank. Should be good for 280 to 290 WHP. This is with pump gas, 12.5 compression, endurance motor, idles under 1000 RPM, etc. 2.25L.

The problem we have is getting cams. This motor sat for months while we searched for cams. Our normal vendor couldn't get cores, we tried a K series vendor who ran with some development money, found another good vendor who's cost is sky rocketing and can not get cores anymore, our original vendor could not get cores either. The biggest cams we could get our hands on are 0.040" too short. There is easily another 15 to 20 HP for daily driven/ track endurance motor if we can get big enough cams that won't kill valve train.

Anyway, this motor will be shipping soon and we guarantee our motors as long as they are tuned properly and fed oil and gas as needed.

Old 02-04-2014, 07:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

URGE: would it be possible to boost your GT engine? i am planning on adding a sc but am also planning on building my engine along the way. starting with intake manifold and going from there.. what do you think? i have an 08
Old 02-04-2014, 07:32 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by sn0wman
URGE: would it be possible to boost your GT engine? i am planning on adding a sc but am also planning on building my engine along the way. starting with intake manifold and going from there.. what do you think? i have an 08
Yes, we have a second motor done and waiting on cams as well. It is a 2.2L designed for up to 20 PSI boost, quick spool turbo. We can do something similar for superchargers. We would change the port shape and everything else would be very similar.

Again we know what spec cams we want, just need someone that can get cores and accurately design and cut the lobes.

Old 02-05-2014, 02:42 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Urge
Originally Posted by grubinski' timestamp='1391313032' post='22994724
Ouch..
Hi Patrick,

It's just we only hear you talking about these, not the customers. Given my experience with your company, if you had any actual customers with these motors, they'd be raving about them. You sell good shit, and support it well.

I'm one of the guys who could probably afford this, but I've stopped paying any attention to the thread. It's all "update" and no "we've got one on a pallet for you, send money".

The Endyn/Urge designs motor thread was started in ... 2008 for crissakes.

Mike
Old 02-05-2014, 04:44 PM
Sponsor

Originally Posted by grubinski
Originally Posted by Urge' timestamp='1391568814' post='22999456
[quote name='grubinski' timestamp='1391313032' post='22994724']
Ouch..
Hi Patrick,

It's just we only hear you talking about these, not the customers. Given my experience with your company, if you had any actual customers with these motors, they'd be raving about them. You sell good shit, and support it well.

I'm one of the guys who could probably afford this, but I've stopped paying any attention to the thread. It's all "update" and no "we've got one on a pallet for you, send money".

The Endyn/Urge designs motor thread was started in ... 2008 for crissakes.

Mike
[/quote]

No one is more frustrated than us. Just can't get the right set of cams that are large enough & won't damage the valve train for endurance racing. We have had many iterations on the headwork to where we can flow just as well as K Series Champion Drag Head with a much smaller port and Exhaust port that out flows anything else by 25%+.

We have one motor sitting on a stand ready to ship to England and another US Turbo motor waiting for cam design. The English motor made 355HP and 222 ft lbs crank, about the same as we where at with much smaller cams than than we had. So we are pleased. I am sure they will get WHP numbers once installed. There was a French motor that went out 2-3 years ago than post sometimes as well as 2 motors that went to Japan. The turbo will be the first long block shipped to the US. Most of our international guys are private and simply don't post or are not on S2KI.

So GT motors have tricked out all with different cams based upon what we could find and what cores were available. Motors are built on demand and we will design based upon your needs goals, NA, Turbo, Street, Road Race etc.

Our specialty is headwork and manifolds/ITBs and they can be added to stock bottom ends or your own built motor. Once we get cams lined up, that should complete the trifecta of what makes power. Our bottom ends are overbuilt to take abuse, rev safely to 9500+ and with tolerances that will outlast an OEM motor when driven the same way, street vs street, track vs track.

Quick Reply: Anyone running an Urge GT engine?