S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake

Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake

SUp guys/girls, just got my car tuned with flashpro today by Shawn Church. This mans a legend, ive taken my previous two cars to him and this will be my third car that he has tuned for me. I always leave his shop with a big ole smile on my face =). Today was no different.

Anyways, pulled about 260 whp with my 2.5 test pipe and fipk intake stock everything else. Keep in mind that this is a dynopack so it will read higher than normal. The main importance is the before and after. Before is testpipe/intake, after is with the hondata flash pro and tune...

Lastly, the peak whp i gained wasnt really the only reason i wanted to tune. If you check the dyno before and after, I've gaines so much throughout the whole powerband/rpm range. The car is literally MUCH MUCH more enjoyable now especially in the streets of los angeles where you cant redline every gear. Streets are small, traffic is high, and its very congested here.

Shawn also got rid of my annoying bogging. With the stock ecu, the car would bog any and every gear. I dont know why, but it was so annoying when trying to gas it, I lost about a second each time due to the bogging. Well its completely gone now.

Very satisfied.

As a bonus, I got to drive Shawns kraftwerks supercharged 480whp ap1 on e85. Thing was a beastttt. I was planning to turbo this car, but now am already saving up for this supercharger. Hopefully by next year Ill have mines supercharges.

PS sorry about the crap photos, all I had was my phone to shoot on.
Attached Thumbnails ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake-dyno.jpg   ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake-dyno1.jpg   ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake-dyno2.jpg   ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake-img_0874.jpg  
Old 11-10-2012, 08:38 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Good numbers man!! I would like to hear more about how he made 480whp on a kraftwerks kit though.. Usually people are hard pressed to hit 400whp.. I imagine the E85 must be a very big reason..
Old 11-11-2012, 06:03 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

It's because of his dyno. 480 on it is probably no more than 400 on most other dynos.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:11 AM

E85 custom pulley pushing 16-18 psi it's not the normal 10psi race pulley that kraftwerks supplies. Regardless the car felt great very streetable car had stock exhaust and header test pipe.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Damn he's really spinning that blower.. They are already pretty much over spun "supposedly".. I'll have to do some more investigating..

Back on topic though what test pipe do you have?? Berk??
Old 11-11-2012, 08:49 AM

I was using the plm 63.5mm (2.5").

Shawn's car felt different. One a straight third gear pull from 40 the boost kicked in right away and at about 6krpms you could tell even more boost kicked in becasuse there was a second punch and pulled even harder. Im not sure if its 16 or 18psi, but I know he told me it was either 16 or 18 with a custom pulley. Car had all stock motor and exhaust. He did add a test pipe/buddy club header on it though. Still very impressive.
Old 11-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMpearlwhyteZ
Damn he's really spinning that blower.. They are already pretty much over spun "supposedly".. I'll have to do some more investigating..

Back on topic though what test pipe do you have?? Berk??

Yeah most don't stay together over 12 psi. Locally someone tried 14 psi and the blower grenaded on the dyno.
Old 11-11-2012, 09:27 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

260 isn't to the wheels.
Old 11-11-2012, 11:12 AM

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by HvRRZ
260 isn't to the wheels.
No it is not. It is a known fact that his dyno is pretty much the highest reading dyno in the country . It seems to read close to what the engine puts out without the drivetrain loss. The main thing was the before and after. 245 before and 260 as an end result is pretty good. There was a good amount of torque and horsepower increase throughout the rpm range. I am pretty impressed with the torque increase. I personally care more about what happens between 3500-7000 rpm than what it puts out as the peak hp. All that for around a grand is a good improvement / investment. Congrats. The FIPK sounds really good at WOT.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:02 PM

Wow and Wow.
1st wow for tuning at Church (he is the best) and 2nd wow for the opportunity to drive that beast

Anyway, good numbers there, some ppl don't tune and never realize the full potential of their bolt-ons, be it just one, two, or more.
I prefer packs as well, regardless if they read higher; it's all about consistency with the dyno(s) one uses (plus no slipping or jumping off rollers />/>)

"God doesn't always tune his cars, but when he does, he goes to Church." ~Anonymous

Quick Reply: ap2 Dyno with test pipe and fipk intake