S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Ballade Sports Header review

Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballade Sports Header review

A little back story.

I know there are a lot of different headers out there on the market, and I have used quite a few of them. Not so much to squeeze x amount of power out of my car, but for the prestige of having a rare item on the car. I ran a JDM 4-1 header, Berk, hytech header, a j's header, and they all made my car feel good. Revved really strong and Im sure I even pushed out a little more power. I never really cared about horsepower, because I knew I was driving an s2000, a car which isnt worth modding in hopes of gaining horsepower. I just wanted my car to breathe well and tuned for the safety of my motor.

My mod list at the time was a cat back exhaust, test pipe, JDM 4-1, Ballade Sport Throttle Body, K&N intake and a tune.
I dyno'ed at 225hp to the wheels.

Name:  dyno1.jpg
Views: 4052
Size:  60.8 KB

I have always been happy with this setup. It pulls and it ran solid.

Well one day I went into Ballade sports to service my brakes and a valve adjustment, when I came to pick up my car he showed me a ding on my header, I wasnt too worried, but my OCD kicked in and I wanted a fix. Thats when he told me that he made his own custom line of Ballade Sport Headers. He told me that it was going to be a limited run and that if I want it he would set me up with it.
http://www.balladesports.com/product...haust-manifold
He gave me a heck of a deal at 980 installed.... So I had him get right to work.

Name:  IMAG01691.jpg
Views: 3958
Size:  78.2 KB

Well after he finished the car we dyno'ed it...... This is the result.

Name:  IMAG01681.jpg
Views: 4261
Size:  73.1 KB

Name:  IMAG01701.jpg
Views: 3768
Size:  59.8 KB

It's unbelievable how much power this header made. Alex did tell me that I was fairly lucky that my engine was running so strong at 242hp, but its power gains that are insane.

Well anyways I'm sure I dont need to tell you guys how giddy this made me.... I went from a pretty stock naturally aspirated S2k power numbers to dyno numbers that seem like its a built motor. This is pretty close to what people with ITB's run.

At the cost of less than half of the Hytech Header, with the power gains from what I have seen that are significantly more than one.... I think its a steal of a header. Figured I should drop by and give the word considering they are limited in production.

I want to Thank Alex at Ballade for always doing excellent work and always coming out with excellent products. I also want to thank Autowave for consistently giving me solid tunes.

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:43 PM

Does anyone have a dyno plot for the Hytech header?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:02 PM

What's it weigh?
Old 06-14-2013, 05:21 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

nice results, but a back to back dyno would really show the gains of this header, but beggers cant be choosers.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:13 PM
Ldo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Carbon Blue
nice results, but a back to back dyno would really show the gains of this header, but beggers cant be choosers.
The 2nd picture shows 2 readings, no?
Old 06-14-2013, 11:02 PM

For Alex, Aaron, and all of the insane work/madness that goes on at Ballade Sports!
Every time I leave there, I feel like my S has has been greatly improved!
Old 06-14-2013, 11:04 PM

Nice results man.

Alex and crew at BalladeSports is one of the very few places I'd let work on my cars. Top notch work and expertise.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:19 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Ldo
Originally Posted by Carbon Blue' timestamp='1371259276' post='22609663
The 2nd picture shows 2 readings, no?
on two different dates, a true back to back comparison would be a better gauge on how this header really performs, not that I doubt ballade, they're a good group of car guys that I definitely trust!
Old 06-15-2013, 09:12 AM

What exhaust are you running? What collector size did you end up using?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can you at least provide the difference in butt dyno feels of this header? lol?

Quick Reply: Ballade Sports Header review