S2000 Naturally Aspirated Forum Discussions about N/A motor projects, builds and technology.

Ballade Sports Header review

Old 06-16-2013, 10:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car was tuned, The first dyno sheet was the final dyno after the tune pushed out 225hp, and then I did a retuned after I installed the new header and pulled 242.
Both tunes were done by Autowave.

Again I wasnt ever really interested in how much power I was making, but I had to post this to brag about how much power I am making now.

My engine mod list consists of
An intake, Berk 3" exhaust w/o cat, the throttle body, Ballade Header and a tune.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:39 AM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm also running this header and yes it does make good power. I was cheapo running PLM header and butt dyno said it was alright but with the tune Ballade Sports header is a world of difference. Congrats on the dyno number, that is impressive.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:52 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

17 HP over another aftermarket header falls into the too-good-to-be-true category, especially since a header is one of the least effective mods on the S2000. That said, I will be watching for more before/after results that don't come from the header's manufacturer. I would certainly love to be able to bolt on more peak HP.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:04 AM

The headers' manufacturer?
Im definitely not affiliated with Ballade in any way. They just happen to be the shop I take my car to for maintenance.

But Im sure in time there will more reviews out there.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:43 AM

Received 39 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by jkuamoo
The headers' manufacturer?
Im definitely not affiliated with Ballade in any way. They just happen to be the shop I take my car to for maintenance.

But Im sure in time there will more reviews out there.
The shop who made the header ran both dynos and did both tunes. I'm not saying YOU aren't reliable, I'm saying I would trust dynos and tunes from a 3rd-party shop over the figures produced by the shop that makes the part. For example, K&N says their intake makes 9 "dyno-proven" HP, and we all know that isn't true. But it's still a good intake for the money, and the Ballade header may still be a good header for the money even if no one else can reproduce those numbers.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:18 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The first question is what correction are they using on the Dyno? I would like to know what the SAE correction is?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:27 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good on paper. How difficult is it to install?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:32 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because gernby nor urge said anything about this header, doesn't mean its not good.

ballade like so many other companies that manufacturer go fast parts don't take the time to prove what the parts are capabile of. Two back to back untuned (stock ecu) then after market ecu tuned on stock header then same tune on aftermarket header, them compare AFR, then if you can tune more due to afr, show it and compare delta.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:41 PM

Uhhhhhh..... if you want to do that go right ahead. I'm just showing what my dyno results are after the tune. Both graphs are after tune.

I made a decent amount of power after the header and tune and that's all I'm trying to show. I have the aem uego gauge and I'm at 13 across the whole band from what I see.

I do not know what the sae correction is, but this is a tune from a shop called autowave.

http://www.autowaveinc.com/

Ballade is not the one that tuned it, they are two completely separate entities. the tuner did however say that this header flows much better while he was tuning it and the results of the header and tune proved it... At least it did to me.

I'm not here to prove that this header is the best. I'm just posting the good results I have had with it and it seems like other people has had good luck as well. I'm not really strong in the engine department, sorry for the lack of info. But seems like the car makes pretty solid power for the mods it has. Ultimately I'm sure it's the fact that all the parts are working together, but it was the header that jumped me from a normal s2k to big power s2k.
Old 06-18-2013, 02:28 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Unho1yghost
Originally Posted by iDomN8U' timestamp='1371519158' post='22614726
Just because gernby nor urge said anything about this header, doesn't mean its not good.

ballade like so many other companies that manufacturer go fast parts don't take the time to prove what the parts are capabile of. Two back to back untuned (stock ecu) then after market ecu tuned on stock header then same tune on aftermarket header, them compare AFR, then if you can tune more due to afr, show it and compare delta.
gernby, urge, sos, inline pro, even rockstar garage- none of them(sight supporters and die hard s2000 lovers) have tested this header and ranted about how good it is. as everyone considers the above groups the leaders in s2000 tuning and parts dealing/development. all we get are results that smell like gorrilla marketing about a part made by a company that wont even pay the nominal fee to have there parts advertised on the sight.

if ballede had 'somehow' developed a magical header(spoiler: they didnt), they would sign up for the site, gloat, and reap the benefits of EVERYONE on the forums lining up to purchase it.... instead, they have people post on the forums about how awesome it is and how everyone should buy it. its f@#king bullshit, and ballede either needs to pay the money to advertise on this site, give a noticeable vender/member on the site the chance to test it, or gtfo. we hunt down gorrilla marketers on reddit all day, this bs company is easy as pie

https://www.s2ki.com/...st__p__22476153

read this: this is a f@#kin add, whether in exchange for a hookup on parts or because of being a friend of the compant- this needs to stop before gorrilla marketers ruin the forums
And, Ballade Sports is a sponsor on the forum, so both your points are moot.

Quick Reply: Ballade Sports Header review